Damier Ebene and Mono Macassar. Formal vs Casual

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Two of my favourite prints. I've always meant that the darker Mono Macassar is the more formal of the two, while DE is a bit more casual. A mono belt f.ex is more suitable for a "dress-up" attire than a DE belt.
Darker colors are often concidered as more formal, while lighter colors are more casual.
-So which one is more formal? Macassar or DE. What's your opinion?

between only mono and DE I would normally say the ebene is more formal but comparing the macassar with the ebene I agree - the macassar is more formal. I have a mirage speedy in noir and use it for dressier occasions and my DE bags are my everyday bags. Got rid of everything else in mono.

Two of my favourite prints. I've always meant that the darker Mono Macassar is the more formal of the two, while DE is a bit more casual. A mono belt f.ex is more suitable for a "dress-up" attire than a DE belt.
Darker colors are often concidered as more formal, while lighter colors are more casual.
I do not think the Monogram belt is more formal than Damier Ebene at all! Monogram is too flashy to be formal, especially on a belt. On a bag, it can be dressed up nicely. But not on a belt. Damier Ebene can be casual or it can be very formal. It's the best of both worlds.

I do not think the Monogram belt is more formal than Damier Ebene at all! Monogram is too flashy to be formal, especially on a belt. On a bag, it can be dressed up nicely. But not on a belt. Damier Ebene can be casual or it can be very formal. It's the best of both worlds.

You have a point there.

I somewhat disagree. I would rather wear DE in a 'dress up' or formal situation. I wouldn't want to wear the big LVs for a formal event. It would draw way too much attention.

I somewhat disagree. I would rather wear DE in a 'dress up' or formal situation. I wouldn't want to wear the big LVs for a formal event. It would draw way too much attention.
I think this belt is appropriate to wear under a blazer jacket in a business setting. I agree that a mono belt with a mono buckle would be too much

I think this belt is appropriate to wear under a blazer jacket in a business setting. I agree that a mono belt with a mono buckle would be too much

Hehe 😃 I disagree, I would never wear that belt in a business situation! I think the belt is very pretty, but I would wear it to go out or wear it with jeans to run errands.

But... do whatever makes you happy!!! I am sure lots of people would not want to dress like me!

Hehe 😃 I disagree, I would never wear that belt in a business situation! I think the belt is very pretty, but I would wear it to go out or wear it with jeans to run errands.

But... do whatever makes you happy!!! I am sure lots of people would not want to dress like me!

Yes, off course with jeans! I would never wear such type belt with a suit.