Outlander coming to Starz 2014

I only read the book for the first time about 2 years ago after seeing the commercial for the show. So I didn't really have an idea in my mind of what the characters would look and act like. I'm sure for other readers and fans everybody has an image in their mind of who should portray the characters.

I just like seeing the story coming to life on tv.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462271376.419531.jpg

Can't wait for next episode. Hope it's more eventful!

I'm wondering why..
Claire looks very pregnant (big belly) in the last episode... Yet in S02E01 when she was back in the future with Frank, she was not showing yet! Hmm does that mean she gets pregnant twice before going back to Frank? I don't know because I haven't read the books!

I decided to watch this on a whim and I'm loving it so far! I haven't read the books yet but I do fully intend to do so once I'm done catching up with the show. I'm on ep 12.. Maybe I should slow down since I'm almost caught up! Lol
A few thoughts..
While I love Claire's headstrong character, I want to say that's more 2015 and not really 1940s, sure there was a good amount of progressiveness at that age but I feel like it's still a little more then the era she represents. Sometimes, her behavior in the 1700s seems so reckless and annoying!
Jamie is just... [emoji7] and though I hate cap jack Randall I find frank attractive haha.
Leerie (can't spell her name haha) is the worst. I feel like I hate her more then jack Randall hah.
Also I so want to visit Ireland now! How beautiful! And the theme song is beautiful. I've always loved bagpipe music so the entire score is beautiful.

View attachment 3346007

Can't wait for next episode. Hope it's more eventful!

I'm wondering why..
Claire looks very pregnant (big belly) in the last episode... Yet in S02E01 when she was back in the future with Frank, she was not showing yet! Hmm does that mean she gets pregnant twice before going back to Frank? I don't know because I haven't read the books!

Based on the book the answer is "yes".

I decided to watch this on a whim and I'm loving it so far! I haven't read the books yet but I do fully intend to do so once I'm done catching up with the show. I'm on ep 12.. Maybe I should slow down since I'm almost caught up! Lol
A few thoughts..
While I love Claire's headstrong character, I want to say that's more 2015 and not really 1940s, sure there was a good amount of progressiveness at that age but I feel like it's still a little more then the era she represents. Sometimes, her behavior in the 1700s seems so reckless and annoying!
Jamie is just... [emoji7] and though I hate cap jack Randall I find frank attractive haha.
Leerie (can't spell her name haha) is the worst. I feel like I hate her more then jack Randall hah.
Also I so want to visit Ireland now! How beautiful! And the theme song is beautiful. I've always loved bagpipe music so the entire score is beautiful.

welcome to my world!!!! ;)
there were many situations that they would have avoided if she had just kept her mouth closed! and then jamie would have to go rescue her. i wanted to slap her! LOL
he would try and tell her that she can't say or do something just because she wanted to but she would not listen. i love the show and have read all the books except the last one! they are so hard to put down once you start reading!

welcome to my world!!!! ;)
there were many situations that they would have avoided if she had just kept her mouth closed! and then jamie would have to go rescue her. i wanted to slap her! LOL
he would try and tell her that she can't say or do something just because she wanted to but she would not listen. i love the show and have read all the books except the last one! they are so hard to put down once you start reading!

I can't wait to read the books! As soon as I'm caught up on the show I'm going to dive right in.
For example That entire incident with her and geilis could've been avoided had she heeded jaimes advice. Not sure what happens in the books after that but I do hope she can heed jaime's advice of staying true to her strong temperament but being cool in public like the other Lairds wife.

I can't wait to read the books! As soon as I'm caught up on the show I'm going to dive right in.
For example That entire incident with her and geilis could've been avoided had she heeded jaimes advice. Not sure what happens in the books after that but I do hope she can heed jaime's advice of staying true to her strong temperament but being cool in public like the other Lairds wife.

all i am going to say is don't get your hopes up!!;):giggles: you are going to love the books - there is a lot of stuff getting left out because there is not enough time to cover it all.

How many books are there? Can someone tell me? I'm so tempted to buy them all. But the thing is, I'm a voracious reader and honestly don't want to read ahead of the show!! I don't want any spoilers...

So basically.. How many books all in all and up to what book/chapter is the show in?

How many books are there? Can someone tell me? I'm so tempted to buy them all. But the thing is, I'm a voracious reader and honestly don't want to read ahead of the show!! I don't want any spoilers...

So basically.. How many books all in all and up to what book/chapter is the show in?

there are 8 books as of right now.
i believe it is the book Dragonfly in Amber where we are now because people on the boards keep saying that next season we should be all about Voyager. Diana is currently working on 9. she says that there will be at least one more book! after that she really can't be sure - it depends on what happens and if she feels there is more to be told.

Yes if you like the show you'll LOVE the books. A 1000% times better IMO.

yes ITA with you about that!!! they are so much better and HUGE!!! i love big books!