Bought a fake Chanel at Duty -free korea? Please help

tanniengo

Jul 20, 2012
Hi everyone,
I bought a wallet at the Incheon Duty-Free airport as my first Chanel wallet on 03/11/2014. I rarely use it. Today I brought it out to meet a friend and it seems like the wallet is fake.
Can you advise me what I should do? I still have the receipt
I really appreciate it

Hi everyone,
I bought a wallet at the Incheon Duty-Free airport as my first Chanel wallet on 03/11/2014. I rarely use it. Today I brought it out to meet a friend and it seems like the wallet is fake.
Can you advise me what I should do? I still have the receipt
I really appreciate it

How do u know if it's fake?

It's pretty much impossible that a replica could be circulating in any Chanel boutique. For your peace of mind, You should contact Etinceler Authentications for a professional opinion. Pay them the $7 fee and email them the required photos for authentication.

Agree here.. You need to authenticate your wallet before you consider taking
any further steps..

Hi [emoji4] Mine has the same stamp as yours on my coin purse. And another one of mine has cc below the zipper pull. Both bought in chanel store [emoji4]

It's pretty much impossible that a replica could be circulating in any Chanel boutique. For your peace of mind, You should contact Etinceler Authentications for a professional opinion. Pay them the $7 fee and email them the required photos for authentication.
EtincelerAuthentications.com

Your wallet is likely authentic, but I would follow the recommendation above for peace of mind.

Chanel don't produce their own zippers, so you won't see the CC logo on the zipper, if that's what you are concerned about. All my zippers on my Chanel bags don't have cc logos on them either. Though I can't remember what's on them, think they don't have any markings on them.

I have heard of the urban ledgend (I hope) that superfakes find their way into the boutiques by buyers returning their bought bags. But instead of returning the bag they originaly bought, they return a superfake one instead ... Imagine that!

Ps I hope your wallet is the real deal!! Please keep us updated.

I have heard of the urban ledgend (I hope) that superfakes find their way into the boutiques by buyers returning their bought bags. But instead of returning the bag they originaly bought, they return a superfake one instead ... Imagine that!

Ps I hope your wallet is the real deal!! Please keep us updated.

I could see this happening except that it was bought at duty free which makes it almost impossible to return at the duty free shop since you cannot pick up the item until you are at the gate at the airport and even if you come back into the country you do not have access to the duty free shops unless you take another trip within the return time frame and even then i dont think i've ever heard of a situation of a return at a duty free. not saying it's not possible but i honestly think its highly unlikely that your wallet which was bought at duty-free is fake

I could see this happening except that it was bought at duty free which makes it almost impossible to return at the duty free shop since you cannot pick up the item until you are at the gate at the airport and even if you come back into the country you do not have access to the duty free shops unless you take another trip within the return time frame and even then i dont think i've ever heard of a situation of a return at a duty free. not saying it's not possible but i honestly think its highly unlikely that your wallet which was bought at duty-free is fake

I agree. :smile:

As the tpfer said, and I frequent the duty free shops every time I'm in Korea, you cannot leave the duty free shops with your purchases as they are picked up at the airport so its impossible to buy and return at duty free.