PLEASE HELP! A very wrinkled gator colvert ghw CDC;(

Greengoddess8

Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to be able to join the National H meet in Las Vegas this year! I still can't
stop smiling....truly;)

I purchased a Colvert ghw gator CDC, as a wonderful remebrance:graucho: I guess I didn't look as closely at the CDC, as I usually would. Did I mention there was A LOT going on between all of us shopping:roflmfao: My only concern was whether the color looked good
with my completion. And, my H tribe showed me it did:graucho:

Fast forward...I came home to a few emergencies! I didn't have a chance to even look at the CDC until yesterday. I finally had a free moment so I decided I'd take it out for pictures.
As soon as I unwrapped it, I noticed wrinkles in the skin. Quite a lot of wrinkles in the skin...
I do own other exotic CDC'S. But, I don't have any wrinkles on them like this....

I would love any and all input on this CDC! Is this normal? Will they get worse? Could they crack? Could this be a problem?!? I don't know if it is just the color isn't as even with the wrinkles or they look like they could crack....My first concern is will this CDC hold up!

Would this personally bother you? A lot has been going on....so I'm unsure how I feel about the look with the wrinkles. I don't even know if this is something that is returnable to H? I haven't been in this situation. And, I haven't made a return to H. Plus, I bought this in Las Vegas not from my regular SA. If, I decided to return or exchange it; would I do it in town or contact the LV SA?

I will be posting a lot of pictures to try and show you what I am talking about. FYI, I am not usually an OCD person about items. And, usually natural characteristics in leather and exotics don't bother me. Thanks so much for your time and weighing in on this issue:tender:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 952
Greengoddess8, I am so sorry to read about this... I am no expert in gator CD hope other experts can chime in and comment in it. In any case, I would suggest to contact your Vegas SA and see if they can find you another one for exchange?

That's a tough one. I think wrinkling like that is not unusual on shiny gator, especially for a bracelet, so it's possible that it got tried on a lot before it was sold to you. But I think it'll only get more wrinkles with wear. I'd show it to your regular SA to see if they can locate another one for you or return it for credit. Sorry that your memento of the meet up isn't quite what you'd hoped it to be, but it sounds like you had a fantastic time! The few meet ups I've been to have been very fun and memorable.

Greengoddess8, I am so sorry to read about this... I am no expert in gator CD hope other experts can chime in and comment in it. In any case, I would suggest to contact your Vegas SA and see if they can find you another one for exchange?
Hi tonkamama. Thanks for stopping by the thread. Yes, maybe I'll email the LV SA with the pictures.
That's a tough one. I think wrinkling like that is not unusual on shiny gator, especially for a bracelet, so it's possible that it got tried on a lot before it was sold to you. But I think it'll only get more wrinkles with wear. I'd show it to your regular SA to see if they can locate another one for you or return it for credit. Sorry that your memento of the meet up isn't quite what you'd hoped it to be, but it sounds like you had a fantastic time! The few meet ups I've been to have been very fun and memorable.

Hi Ouija board. I didn't realize this was a common issue in shiny gator CDC'S. Good thing to know about for the future. Regardless of the CDC outcome it won't dim my enthusiasm on such a wonderful trip and experience. But, thank you for your kind concern.

I would bring it back to the store ASAP and see if they can't locate one for you. You are in the return period and the plastic is still on the bracelet.

BTW, I just looked at my two shiny gator CDCs and both do NOT have any wrinkling.

I am so sorry this happened to you!!! :hugs:

This is the other side with the bracelet closed. This is when I started wondering if it may crack along the hardware....

I have seen this type of wrinkling effect more on large scale than small scale too. I don't know if this is considered a defect or not because it seems to be quite common with large scale CDC especially.