Please help with picking a summer vacation tote bag.

Feb 6, 2011
Hi everyone,

I need some help from the dooneynistas here. I am going for a week vacation soon and flying there. I am looking for a good deal on a tote bag on Ilovedooney. I would like to get leather tote bag. I am drawn to tan, orange and pink colors. I am a shorty 5" so have to keep the portions and weight of the bag.

Which Dooney Tote bag do you use for travel or summer? I would love to hear what your pick would be from the current sales on ILD. Thanks for your help!

DianaP

What do you think about the Pebble Grain Charleston Tangerine? I recently purchased the drawstring Montecito bag however I think it would get scratched up tossing it around all week.

Attachments

• dooney tote.jpg
    dooney tote.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 203
The Charleston is a nice bag and a good size...not too big. I had a Charleston in taupe a couple of years ago and I enjoyed the functionality.

For travel I might consider one of the nice nylon totes since they are sturdy and very lightweight. Good luck!

The Charleston is a nice bag and a good size...not too big. I had a Charleston in taupe a couple of years ago and I enjoyed the functionality.

For travel I might consider one of the nice nylon totes since they are sturdy and very lightweight. Good luck!

Thanks for helping :smile:

Look at all the measurements of the bags you are considering. Some of the totes have very narrow bottoms. I think for travel you want a wider bottom so you have more room in the handbag. I think a 6" bottom base would be ideal to keep the bag in a modest size. Anything smaller would limit what you could put into the bag. I wouldn't mind an 8" base for a tote for travel.

Look at all the measurements of the bags you are considering. Some of the totes have very narrow bottoms. I think for travel you want a wider bottom so you have more room in the handbag. I think a 6" bottom base would be ideal to keep the bag in a modest size. Anything smaller would limit what you could put into the bag. I wouldn't mind an 8" base for a tote for travel.

Hello, Your correct about the size since I want to load it up for a carry on. I will also use a cross body. I am leaning towards a Nylon bag since this will be light and roomy. Thanks for your response.
DianaP

I have the Charleston tote in this exact color and I absolutely love it. Like you, I like carrying a tote but also like to have a cross body bag. I'm a little OCD about my bags matching so I have the Davis Tassel Tote in nylon and the Nylon cross body both in Tmoro Brown

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
I would use my Claremont Dover Tote... I think it's perfect for travel and very carefree.

Great to throw over the shoulder and under the seat on the plane. It has a center divider that can be used to separate your snacks and book, etc.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462401127.397670.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462401139.014277.jpg

OMG, I came THIS CLOSE to buying a black/saddle Charleston in Macy's today. :cray: That bag just looked so gorgeous sitting on the display. Of course, there were no sales going on so I dragged myself away. :lol: