Coca's bayswater

I am hoping to see the new style bags in the flesh today in order to clarify my thoughts. Especially with regards to the leather and stitching which are keys to a quality bag for me.
I like the contrast linings but have always had a soft spot for a snazzy lining. I also agree with moving the inside pocket, I rarely use mine now to be honest.
I am worried about the wear of leather rubbing against the metal of the postman's lock and cannot make out what, if anything, has replaced the piping on the bag edges. There are no feet, not great for me I put larger bags on the floor!
I also agree with those who don't think the Birkin is the objectively the best bag you can buy. As fab as Hermes are. I don't wish to offend, I just think it's subjective and agree with remains silly in that there are only so many designs for a bag and I think certain characteristics are regularly found in successful bags designs.
I am not sure if cocoa has tapped into these desirable characteristics in his designs yet.
I too love the boots though!
I have managed to stay on the sofa for some months now, but have ventured to other designers. I feel sad about that really.

Interesting that they haven't featured this on their social media/Instagram at all.

You think they'd want a big push to try and up their presence and sell this "improved classic".

Although they have 412k followers and their last photo which was of a Chester only got 1.3k likes & 3 comments - if they are trying to push to a younger demographic, you'd think their new stuff would be all over social media and generating a lot more of a response.

Hm. I was quite determined not to comment any further on the new collection, as I am simply not interested in the new range (Marylebone, Clifton,...). After reading the Telegraph article I cannot hold my tongue, though.
First of all I could not care less about fonts, the colour of dustbags, carrierbags and boxes or if the stores are going to be remodelled or not. Personally I think it is unwise to change those things every few years (keyword: corporate identity), but if the company thinks it is a good way to spend their money: go for it.
Also I can live very happily with the "Cocayswater". Like the other new bags it does nothing for me, I just do not need nor want it. Playing and remodelling a classic bag can be fun and I am ok with it. Bayswater and Cocayswater can exist very nicely together. What really bugs me is the fact that they do not advertise it as an alternative but as an improvement. To be honest (and without wanting to hurt anyone) the only improvement I can see is: cutting production costs. They are using less material (leather and hardware), a highly processed leather, painted edges instead of piping, and I am pretty sure that the Cocayswater is sewn together much faster than the Bayswater. Surprisingly both bags have the same price tag. This leaves me wondering who is improving here. The company or the customer?
Again I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I am just stating my very personal opinion. I am sorry, if anyone feels offended.

You've said exactly how I feel too. Definitely no offence taken here.

I doubt that Mulberry is going to use new colours on the classic Bays; after all, the whole marketing point of retaining the classic Bays is because customers didn't want it to change.
Indeed, many Mulberry fans here have very firmly stated that they didn't want the classic Bays to change. It's probably expecting a bit too much from the marketing team to hope they will parse that as we don't want it to change unless it's to new colours which have never been used in a Bays before; why should they?

Though it's always worth asking if there are any plans to produce the classic Bays in non-classic colours; if there's enough demand the marketing team usually respond :smile:

Wow, it looks massive on the model!

I'm sorry Mulberry, but I'm done and moving on.

I'm confused; they've almost always made the Bays in non-classic colors. Every season, there are classic Bays bags in the seasonal colors. While oak and black are stables, there's always an array of fun colors, i.e. petal pink, oxblood, fiery spritz, neon blue, etc.

Great thread CP but would have been good to have seen a poll. So many replies in such a short time. Johnny doesn't appear to have many fans, even his packaging has been vetoed. I've loved reading through your replies, seems like only a couple of maybes! Ugly, fake, upturned plug and I loved all the fudges........ .......brill.
I've not seen it IRL and doubt I ever will, the picture is enough to leave me cold. I hate it, I love the smell of Mulberry leather, I love the Cloche, I often hang the padlock on the outside and attach key rings etc from it. I have used the buckle straps to expand in the past when I've had work files, laptop etc to carry................and I definitely want feet on my Bays :bagslap: and that horrendous postmans lock, cheap & naff what is he thinking :pokey:

Good point about the model Bromley, she's probably about 6'6" :lol: I'm 5'4" and anything bigger than the "Heritage Bays" :wtf: hasn't suited me.

I moved on awhile back Scrapsy, I've culled my collection right back. I love the Mulbs I have and will keep them forever but I can't think they can tempt me with anything new, they just don't look or smell like Mulberry anymore. At least Chanel and LV aren't messing with their classics.

but I'm with you L etoile, Willobarb I'm not sure you got it quite right there. I adore the Bays, I'm definitely an oldie and been buying Mulbs since way before the Bays came out. I consider the bag the classic not the colours. I've never bought a black or Oak Bays and I've owned plenty in the past ;) hot fuchsia, plaster pink, khaki silky snake, winter white cookie, metallic gold tiger and many more colours. I regret getting rid of so many but they just weren't getting used. I'm down to 2 now, my gorgeous ostrich Electric Blue and go anywhere Red Onion :biggrin:

Great thread CP but would have been good to have seen a poll. So many replies in such a short time. Johnny doesn't appear to have many fans, even his packaging has been vetoed. I've loved reading through your replies, seems like only a couple of maybes! Ugly, fake, upturned plug and I loved all the fudges........ .......brill.
I've not seen it IRL and doubt I ever will, the picture is enough to leave me cold. I hate it, I love the smell of Mulberry leather, I love the Cloche, I often hang the padlock on the outside and attach key rings etc from it. I have used the buckle straps to expand in the past when I've had work files, laptop etc to carry................and I definitely want feet on my Bays :bagslap: and that horrendous postmans lock, cheap & naff what is he thinking :pokey:

Good point about the model Bromley, she's probably about 6'6" :lol: I'm 5'4" and anything bigger than the "Heritage Bays" :wtf: hasn't suited me.

I moved on awhile back Scrapsy, I've culled my collection right back. I love the Mulbs I have and will keep them forever but I can't think they can tempt me with anything new, they just don't look or smell like Mulberry anymore. At least Chanel and LV aren't messing with their classics.

but I'm with you L etoile, Willobarb I'm not sure you got it quite right there. I adore the Bays, I'm definitely an oldie and been buying Mulbs since way before the Bays came out. I consider the bag the classic not the colours. I've never bought a black or Oak Bays and I've owned plenty in the past ;) hot fuchsia, plaster pink, khaki silky snake, winter white cookie, metallic gold tiger and many more colours. I regret getting rid of so many but they just weren't getting used. I'm down to 2 now, my gorgeous ostrich Electric Blue and go anywhere Red Onion :biggrin:

Ahhh electric blue is gorgeous!! I remember I had to choose between eggplant and red onion that season.

You are right. Chanel and LV do not mess with their classic designs.

Be interested to know what you kept? I'm down to 7 and going to move some more on, you have (had/maybe still do) such a lovely collection

Hm. I was quite determined not to comment any further on the new collection, as I am simply not interested in the new range (Marylebone, Clifton,...). After reading the Telegraph article I cannot hold my tongue, though.
First of all I could not care less about fonts, the colour of dustbags, carrierbags and boxes or if the stores are going to be remodelled or not. Personally I think it is unwise to change those things every few years (keyword: corporate identity), but if the company thinks it is a good way to spend their money: go for it.
Also I can live very happily with the "Cocayswater". Like the other new bags it does nothing for me, I just do not need nor want it. Playing and remodelling a classic bag can be fun and I am ok with it. Bayswater and Cocayswater can exist very nicely together. What really bugs me is the fact that they do not advertise it as an alternative but as an improvement. To be honest (and without wanting to hurt anyone) the only improvement I can see is: cutting production costs. They are using less material (leather and hardware), a highly processed leather, painted edges instead of piping, and I am pretty sure that the Cocayswater is sewn together much faster than the Bayswater. Surprisingly both bags have the same price tag. This leaves me wondering who is improving here. The company or the customer?
Again I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I am just stating my very personal opinion. I am sorry, if anyone feels offended.
Well said, my friend.

Rhubarb was offended that Coca stopped @ adding wings alone.
And did not add propulsion system & nose cone.
(Excuse mispellings I noticed this morning--blame the lizard):

http://forum.purseblog.com/showpost.php?p=30159092&postcount=326

Hi Ladies. I saw the new Bayswater yesterday, and quite honestly, I think it's really nice! As everyone has been told: the postman lock is smaller, the mulberry tree is replaced with the Mulberry printed on it (this was the original, before the tree). The inside belts are gone, it is more structured. The only thing I was not fully happy with was the color of the Oak. The leather on these new bags are finished with some coating to minimize wear. I like the natural leather of my original oak, and I love that my original oak scratches, and darkens with age. I love when bags patina. My personal favorite was the burgundy (yup, no longer called ox blood). The taupe was my second favorite. Quite honestly, I think it is lovely, and I will definitely be purchasing it in the near future.

Would you only use it for work?

Sent from my LG-H815 using PurseForum mobile app

I find the new version more dressy than the original. It is more structured. The side flaps to stick out a bit (I dislike that so much), but you can tuck them in, and they stay in! I would use it for daytime and work, shopping, going for dinner with friends, etc.