Question about the Catena treatment

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I think, from what I can find here and other places, that the Catena (chain) treatment came out in 2006. But that's all I can find. Was this a special edition treatment or ? I know it came out on a Veneta, a continental wallet, and a smaller bi-fold wallet.

Also, to anybody that has a SLG in this treatment, would you say it's heavier than it would be without the chain?

Thanks ever so much for responses!

I've only handled the Veneta and it was a little heavier than a non-chain version. The wallet in your photo doesn;t have much chain, so it probably isn't significantly heavier. Like LLA said, chains were rough on clothing (snags galore). You may not have any issue with an SLG, unless you carry it around.

I've only handled the Veneta and it was a little heavier than a non-chain version. The wallet in your photo doesn;t have much chain, so it probably isn't significantly heavier. Like LLA said, chains were rough on clothing (snags galore). You may not have any issue with an SLG, unless you carry it around.

I hope not - this is a very pretty color and I love the chain design. I seem to like my SLGs a little 'edgier' - :cool:

I think Joyce has this version of the Veneta

I've always liked the Catena treatment.

Nappa with the textured leather would be my guess. My memory stinks at leather types and reading a tag

Got the wallet today, and it's Parma Chevre. Sturdy leather, even better than Cervo for toughness. I'm impressed. The chain detailing is smooth on the wallet - I like it! Can't believe it was purchased and never used. I am a lucky woman to have found this little beauty!

Attachments

• 2016 04 29_0864_800x533.JPG
    2016 04 29_0864_800x533.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 2016 04 29_0863_800x533.JPG
    2016 04 29_0863_800x533.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited: