Deal or No Deal - Would You Buy This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
$200 at a consignment shop but it has been re-dyed and the brass finish is rubbed off, one of the rivets on the back at the base of the handle is coming off, and it has no mirror or tags.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 429
Unfortunately, you'd need to post in the ATB thread to have it authenticated, but I can tell you right off the bat that I wouldn't buy it due to some obvious red flags that question the bags authenticity. Again, this post would be best addressed in the proper "Authenticate This Balenciaga" thread, but I didn't want you to feel ignored or let you go out and buy it. Good luck!

What other things did you notice? The only thing I noticed was the shininess of the leather. But there was dye on one of the rivets, so it appears the previous owner dyed the bag, and then rubbed off the aged bronze on the finish when she tried to remove the dye.

I have been studying Balenciaga for only a very short time, however one thing that sticks out to me is how many details there are on an authentic bag that can be missed by the counterfeiters.

This brand to me seems quite difficult to authenticate. It's the small details that make the difference and if one doesn't know what to look for then it's best left to the experts.

I have my own observation about this bag and why it looks different from my own City bag.
As the others have said, best to have it authenticated before buying.

What other things did you notice? The only thing I noticed was the shininess of the leather. But there was dye on one of the rivets, so it appears the previous owner dyed the bag, and then rubbed off the aged bronze on the finish when she tried to remove the dye.

It makes sense not to list all of the factors that go into authenticating a Bal. No one wants the fakers to have that knowledge...:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.