Getting 2 Identical Bags

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Has anyone here done something like that because she loves a particular style so much and wants a backup? I'm ... seriously considering doing that with one of my bags right about now ...

On a slightly different note, I need to take pictures of my two new additions.

i haven't done it have a backup, i.e. I havne't gotten the exact same bag twice. rather, I like a particular style very much so I would get a variation, for me it is the Celine Boogie (don't know why) and I am pretty sure that it will also be the BV veneta bag in future. others like a collection of LV speedies, or even Hermes birkins and/ or kellys. I see nothing wrong with it at all, even if you want to get, say the veneta in ebano twice. whatever takes your fancy, IMO.

i've never bought multiples of the same exact bag but I have bought the same bag in different colors (considering the Sloane in Old Petra and Limo). i have bag ADD so it wouldn't make sense for me to buy a backup bag since by the time i would need it, i would be bored and move on to a new bag. but if you know yourself and know that you will love this bag as much years from now, then a backup makes sense. good luck and post pics!

Has anyone here done something like that because she loves a particular style so much and wants a backup? I'm ... seriously considering doing that with one of my bags right about now ...

On a slightly different note, I need to take pictures of my two new additions.

I've done it with clothes & shoes. I regret it ~2/3 of the time, but that ~1/3 of the time that it works out is what keeps me doing it. :P

Do you have anything else that you've loved so much after 5/+yrs? Is the bag that you love a limited edition style/color? If so, I'd go ahead and get a back up if the cost doesn't affect you in any way.

Personally, as much as I love some of my bags, I tend to grow tired of them after ~5yrs. There's only one bag -- a white Apres Midi that has the same compartment style as the Botkier Trigger -- that I've enjoyed/used enough that I wish that I bought a backup.

i haven`t personally done it with bags yet but with clothes and i could even understand it more with bags...

you know, one style in another size or another color makes a bag look completely different sometimes!

never done it with the exact bag, but i've done it with shoes so once they wear out i have another pair.

i would if i could though probably, for every bag. hehe... i have 2 of the same bag in diff colors, but that's just a tiny pouch i liked a lot ;)

I have totally done this

394342966_fb11ce42b7.jpg

And I'm glad I did!

As the ladies before me have said, I too have bought the same bag but varied the color. I do cringe when I do it but am very happy after the decision and purchase has been made. Never the same identical bag though. I have never worn a bag out so I have never been concerned about a back up.

Thank you! Botkier is one of those brands where I have only really loved one of the styles, and this one was it!!

The "white" one is older -- it's actually a metallic pearl Trigger, from when they were still manufacturing in the USA. The black one is newer -- made in Indonesia.