LV @ Consumer Affairs

I love LV and have never had a bad consumer experience. People who have bad experiences a quick (understandably) to get loud and complain, but the 1000's of happy consumers just go home and enjoy their purchases.

No, I'm not worried. You seem to often be, though.

I love LV and have never had a bad consumer experience. People who have bad experiences a quick (understandably) to get loud and complain, but the 1000's of happy consumers just go home and enjoy their purchases.

No, I'm not worried. You seem to often be, though.
I truly believe it is because I think too much... I need to start taking these LV complaints with a grain of salt.

People who are complaining are genuinely upset and want to be heard (usually in detail). People who are happy generally say wheee I love my new purse!! And move on. There are so many happy testimonials in this forum. Surely that must give you some comfort.
I have had to do two returns at LV - one faulty wallet and one purse that I didn't like. I could do the returns with no questions asked.

Customers who have a negative experience are way more likely to share it, regardless if it's luxury or something from Walmart. There are far more satisfied customers who don't bother making a review or sharing their experience.

99% of customers have no issues at all, but the 1% who do are the most vocal.

I've been buying LV for over 20 years. I haven't had a bad experience with customer service. I ordered a custom made Capucines BB recently. It came but the strap was shorter than my regular Capucines BB. I took the bag back to the store and they had one made for me in the correct length. My SA and the manager there was more worry than I am. I really think it's the relation you have with the SA.

I've been buying LV for over 20 years. I haven't had a bad experience with customer service. I ordered a custom made Capucines BB recently. It came but the strap was shorter than my regular Capucines BB. I took the bag back to the store and they had one made for me in the correct length. My SA and the manager there was more worry than I am. I really think it's the relation you have with the SA.

Wow! That's awesome service. Is the Capuchines a part of the haute maroquinerie program? Or is it a special special order if that makes sense? Either way, congrats on your new bag!!!!

I started buying LV in 2007 and I haven't had a bad experience (yet). Yes, of course I've encountered some rude, unprofessional sales associates, but I just don't buy anything from them. I think we do hear more from the unhappy customers; most people won't say anything if they received excellent service as that's what they'd expect from luxury brands like LV. We often set a very high expectation (sometimes unreal) for luxury brands and when it doesn't meet our expectations, people complain.

I would like to share one of my wonderful LV experiences: My parents had bought me an DA Speedy 30 when I graduated from college in 2008. The very first time that I carried the bag, I got color transfer all over it (canvas and leather). Apparently one of the shopping bags bled all over my bag and I didn't notice it until I got home. By then, it was too late; I was so upset with what happened. I took the bag to LV to see if there's anything that could be done (cleaning, repair? I was an LV newbie back then). The lady who helped me happened to be the store manager and she was the sweetest lady that I've ever met. She actually apologized for the experience that I had and even offered to exchange the bag for me. I was in disbelief. She KNEW that I had caused the color transfer, but it didn't matter to her. She even went above and beyond to look for a MIF bag for me (the one I ruined was MIF) just so that I could have the perfect graduation gift. I ended up exchanging for something else because I was worrying about color transfer. They've gained a loyal customer ever since. I must say, not even Chanel can provide excellent customer service like LV. This is why LV will always be my #1 LVoe.

Wow! That's awesome service. Is the Capuchines a part of the haute maroquinerie program? Or is it a special special order if that makes sense? Either way, congrats on your new bag!!!!

It was the Haute Maronquinerie program. I get to pick the leather/color of interior and exterior of the bag and the type of hardware as well.

These people must have had the worst luck. I have been shopping with Louis Vuitton for around 8 years, although I don't have a regular SA until 1.5 years ago, I've always been treated with utmost courtesy at their stores across the world. And I have bags that are over 10 years old and still keeping its shape. It's extraordinary to me how long can these Vuitton bags hold up over the years and that's the reason why I keep coming back.

(I mean there were a few naughty SAs but everyone has a bad day here and there. I simply just leave and come back for a nicer SA)

"I just wanted to return it. And they would not. I told them that it was a Christmas present and they looked at the sales receipt and told me that I was three days late. (actually, I was two). They said that he bought it on the 21. And, I said that I don't know when he bought it, but that I opened it on the 25th which would have made me within their 14-day "rule". They refused. "

Okay. I give up on this person.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461389160.814093.jpg