For neutral lovers who eventually tried a pop color

Kyokei

h love
May 4, 2015
Do you find your pop color bags wearable?

I am very much a neutral person. My two H bags are neutrals, and most of my non Hermes bags are black. I do have a dark red bag and a LV bag, but those are still within the realm of safer, more neutral colors. This is what I'm typically comfortable with. My wardrobe is mostly black with the very occasional appearance of grey and white in small doses.

I love how H does color and I'd like to try something out in the future, though nothing too out there.... but I am wondering if a more colored bag is hard to incorporate into my wardrobe.

For those of you who usually stick to neutrals but tried a color out, are you happy with your decision or do you regret it? Do you use your colored bags as much as the neutrals? Are they year round?

I wear black and black and black with the occasional pop of taupe (LOL). In all seriousness I bought and sold every color under the sun as they felt too conspicuous or showy. I finally found a clear emerald green and a dark sapphire blue that I do wear. However they are both classic jewel tones so they really pair nicely with my very simple and quiet color wise wardrobe. I think the colors that I had trouble with were off colors. I can't do hot colors or colors that cross a tonal threshold.

Reactions: califl
As far as I can remember, I have always bought black, navy blue or dark brown bags. When H did RC, I liked it and thought I'd try it out in a small dose: got a picotin PM. [emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji180]I wear it dressed down, to run errands and stuff, amazing how much it can hold! I live in WI and wear it year round. It makes me smile in winter and make the weather that much more bearable and seems to do the same for others, considering the comments I get. It would depend on you though. If you have a favorite pop color, I'd say go with that. That way it will make you smile too [emoji1]

I wear a lot of neutral too. I find mimosa surprisingly easy to mix in. Maybe because it's in fact a quite light color. Red is another color that I use often with blk and greys.

Hi! I'm a huge neutral lover. Black, white, beige, taupe, grey person and I find the following colours easy to wear and complements the rest of my wardrobe - Red and orange and touches of vibrant blue. Fuchsia is nice too but I have not found any fuchsia bag yet (would love one!).

I have a red, two oranges or rather an orange and a crevette and a bright blue togo bag and I find them very easy to wear. Sometimes my friends and family (my mother!) tell me they get sick of looking at me in my mourning attire.

Reactions: califl
I wear lots of black esp for work. I started off my H collection with black but went all colors in the first few years. Noticed that I could seldom use these beautiful colors so I've been buying neutrals only these few year. I personally think blue electric can be incorporated into my work wardrobe unlike 'look at me' colors such as kiwi.

I wear mostly black and greys. I do find h colors for some reason are easy to incorporate into my wardrobe...i currently own rouge casaque, orange and bougainvillea (along with a lot of grey and neutral bags) especially in the summer they are great pop colors against my drab wardrobe!

I am a neutral bag girl: black, ebene, etoupe, vert de gris! I prefer to add wardrobe color with accessories. However, I did finally branch out with a rouge pivoine Kelly 28 and am finding it very easy to incorporate into my everyday wardrobe. Most of all, it's fun!

Like most everyone else who has posted, I wear black on black on black....almost all the time! I have a fair mix of neutral (black, vert de Gris, blue orage) and brighter colored bags (menthe, bambou, rose Jaipur) and I love them all! It depends on what kind of mood I am in, or what type of shawl or CDC I am wearing. One suggestion is if you're not sure about investing in a bright H bag, try out a brighter H scarf or shawl to accessorize your outfit. I mostly wear brighter scarves and shawls, and it adds a lot of dimension to my regular wear.

Hope that helps!!!

I'm also a neutral lover kyokei. My ideal Kelly collection is gold, Gris t, and etain. I find there are three types of colors categories on the H spectrum. Neutral, Jewel tone, and Pop. I have both tosca and malachite in the jewel tone category and find them easy to wear. The only color I have in the pop category is an Orange Picotin. And I find I don't use it that often, but when I do, I think it's really special. I would be hesitant to get a pop color if you are most comfortable with neutrals in a pricey H bag. Maybe start with something a bit less expensive like a Pico or garden party and see if you are comfortable with it and can easily incorporate it into your wardrobe?

I agree with MYH. Most of bag collection is in varying stages neutral with some jewel tones sprinkled in -- anemone, blue thalassa, sanguine. I do have a Rouge VIF plume--it's pretty bright; but I do consider it a classic color.

I decided I really wanted a color like lagon, but did not wish to spend H $ on it, so I ended up purchasing a Celine luggage in a very similar color in Chèvre. And I really like it! But I'm also glad that the investment wasn't as much as Hermes.

Thank you for all of your feedback. I definitely couldn't go for something too out there (like the neons) or anything pink etc... but maybe something colored but also wearable. I do love my neutrals but don't want something that's too similar to what I already have.

I always go for black or brown and navy is about as colourful as I get. I may be the only one who doesn't actually like hermrs colours - yes the quality is amazing, incredible saturation etc- but I find them too bright for our northern light.

I always go for black or brown and navy is about as colourful as I get. I may be the only one who doesn't actually like hermrs colours - yes the quality is amazing, incredible saturation etc- but I find them too bright for our northern light.

No you're not the only one, I'm not a fan of most H bright colours either: I can't do bright coloured bags..... Although I love red bags I feel uncomfortable wearing them, I have 2 but hardly ever use them. I like sticking to browns, navy and dark greens, I also wear very little black, both in bags and clothes, I find it too harsh for me.

i concur with what everyone has expressed here
while i am aware that h does color exceptionally well - i think the neutrals and rich jewel tones work best with me
i LOVE the pop colors - i think its a combination of never actually having come across one thats available, and that somehow in my mind the colors are such stand outs that i feel like i wont be able to wear them as often or even as long as their neutral counterparts