key pouch vs. key pouch NM (mono, ebene, azur)

OCLVgringo

Jul 25, 2011
I own 2 key pouches currently and plan on buying a third in azur. I learned that recently the key pouch was updated and made slightly bigger. I want to know which of my cles is the new model or if they are both old.

1) When did they update the cles/how can I tell visually?

THANKS!

I was just at both of my local LV stores last weekend and they said this is not true. I saw a YT video stating that there was a 'NM' cles now but the DE cles have always had 'NM' on the tags (the mono cles do not). Both SA's I spoke to said there is no new model or size but that occasionally there is a variation in the size, which would explain why the new DE cles shown in the video was slightly larger than the older mono cles. We even compared several in the store and there was no difference. Kind of bummed myself because I really wanted a slightly larger one!!

I was just at both of my local LV stores last weekend and they said this is not true. I saw a YT video stating that there was a 'NM' cles now but the DE cles have always had 'NM' on the tags (the mono cles do not). Both SA's I spoke to said there is no new model or size but that occasionally there is a variation in the size, which would explain why the new DE cles shown in the video was slightly larger than the older mono cles. We even compared several in the store and there was no difference. Kind of bummed myself because I really wanted a slightly larger one!!
I did the same yesterday! He didn't know why the dammer ebene tag had NM and the mono tag didn't because the cles were identical!

I own 2 key pouches currently and plan on buying a third in azur. I learned that recently the key pouch was updated and made slightly bigger. I want to know which of my cles is the new model or if they are both old.

THANKS!

The cles was updated over a year ago. You can tell on the damier azur and Ebene by seeing that the damier squares are not centered like the old model. They are aligned in a way where the squares are not the same on both sides where the seam is. Also, the Louis Vuitton Paris square is flipped on the back side. On the old damier one it was identical on the front and back. On the new one, the back has the square on the left side, not the right.

For the monogram, you can tell because the canvas looks more dull and muted, the actual LV and flowers are very slightly bigger, and the cles itself is bigger. I can easily tell just by looking , but it's a bit harder to tell than the damier. I have both old and newer models and once you have both you can definitely tell the size difference. The new one is thinner, more pliable too, and fits a LOT more

THANKS!

Also, the nm are usually made in France, where as ALL of my old ones are made in Spain. Definitely doesn't apply to all, but most from what I've seen. I haven't seen any Nm ones made in Spain and I've seen a lot

The cles was updated over a year ago. You can tell on the damier azur and Ebene by seeing that the damier squares are not centered like the old model. They are aligned in a way where the squares are not the same on both sides where the seam is. Also, the Louis Vuitton Paris square is flipped on the back side. On the old damier one it was identical on the front and back. On the new one, the back has the square on the left side, not the right.

For the monogram, you can tell because the canvas looks more dull and muted, the actual LV and flowers are very slightly bigger, and the cles itself is bigger. I can easily tell just by looking , but it's a bit harder to tell than the damier. I have both old and newer models and once you have both you can definitely tell the size difference. The new one is thinner, more pliable too, and fits a LOT more
I definetely can tell that my monogram cles is thinner and more pliable than my older dammer ebene cles. I want to go the store and compare my damier ebene cles with the new one. So the LV logo and flowers are bigger now on all leather goods?

Both my DA and DE cles are definitely "puffier" and wider than my mono cles. I purchased the mono in 2010 and the other two in 2012. I remember reading threads where people returned the puffy ones and LV said they were made wrong and could do an exchange. I kept mine since it never really bothered me but there is definitely a difference in size too.
My mono is really thin - I can fit more in the DE and DA for sure. The DE and DA are a tad larger.

Hi. Do you have an old and new model both monogram? Would love to see a picture to see the difference in size, if any.