Balenciaga Beige -- NOT Beige??

JoeyLouis

Jun 5, 2014
I ordered a Balenciaga City Bag in "Beige" on NeimanMarcus.com -- it looked more taupe colored, which is why I picked it. However, it was a disappointment when it arrived today as it looks more Gray than Beige or Taupe. Obviously colors will look a little different in different lighting and devices, but I felt like this was way off. Just wanted to share in case anyone was considering purchasing online.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Balenci...ements%3D&eItemId=prod187590235&cmCat=product

Attachments

• IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 1,191
Had you seen the color swatches before your purchase? Balenciaga is notorious for the 'not so accurate' color names, but in this case, the color swatch does look like your bag. Frankly, I would describe the color as a pretty spot-on taupe.

Attachments

• 2016-SS-PC-COLOR-SWATCH.jpg
    2016-SS-PC-COLOR-SWATCH.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 790
Yes, this is a tough one. When I compare your photo to the photo on NM site theirs is very much more 'brownish' than your photo.......of course maybe it's the lighting in your photo? So hard to say but if you're not happy with it you can always exchange it.
So sorry, I know how disappointing that must be.

Neiman Marcus is also notoriously bad at describing the colors and likely took the lazy way out and simply said "beige". That being said, NM is very good about returns, so just return it if you don't like it.

I ordered a Balenciaga City Bag in "Beige" on NeimanMarcus.com -- it looked more taupe colored, which is why I picked it. However, it was a disappointment when it arrived today as it looks more Gray than Beige or Taupe. Obviously colors will look a little different in different lighting and devices, but I felt like this was way off. Just wanted to share in case anyone was considering purchasing online.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Balenci...ements%3D&eItemId=prod187590235&cmCat=product
So sorry it was not what you were expecting...it is always a letdown when you have an idea in your mind of how something will look...coupled with the anticipation of the arrival of a package.
I think it is beautiful...does it change color depending on the lighting, I wonder?

So sorry it was not what you were expecting...it is always a letdown when you have an idea in your mind of how something will look...coupled with the anticipation of the arrival of a package.
I think it is beautiful...does it change color depending on the lighting, I wonder?
I was wondering that as well Dextersmom re: the color change and lighting. That seems to happen to a lot of Bals.......

I was wondering that as well Dextersmom re: the color change and lighting. That seems to happen to a lot of Bals.......
Hi Everyone - Thanks for the insight. I did check in different lighting and it is mostly gray. No worries, I will just return. They do have a color called "Taupe," which looked more light grayish online, so maybe that one is actually taupe lol. Everyone processes color differently too, so perhaps others may see more brown like in the NM photo. The tag definitely said "Beige" though -- I thought it was a flat out mistake in shipping at first.

This wasn't a stressed out complaint or anything - but wanted to share the "heads up." I normally try to see expensive bags at least in-person before purchasing. Ordering online can be tricky! I did not research for color swatches prior to purchasing. Thanks!

Hi Everyone - Thanks for the insight. I did check in different lighting and it is mostly gray. No worries, I will just return. They do have a color called "Taupe," which looked more light grayish online, so maybe that one is actually taupe lol. Everyone processes color differently too, so perhaps others may see more brown like in the NM photo. The tag definitely said "Beige" though -- I thought it was a flat out mistake in shipping at first.

This wasn't a stressed out complaint or anything - but wanted to share the "heads up." I normally try to see expensive bags at least in-person before purchasing. Ordering online can be tricky! I did not research for color swatches prior to purchasing. Thanks!
Good luck Joey, it's tricky buying online for sure! At least you can exchange it and hopefully get the color you want.

INDEED it is, and especially with Balenciaga where the color swatches and lighting can make a bag look TOTALLY different than IRL!!! Thank god I live in an area where I can see the bags first; only 1 time did I order online and quelle surprise .. it was a DISASTER!! Never again ..

Too bad that you don't like the color. I just saw the "beige liege" a few days ago in a store and loved it.

The sales lady told me that this is going to be the last classics with matte hardware, is this true?