Would you rather

arielqueen

O.G.
Jan 23, 2012
I know this is a Mulberry site so this question may be a little out of place. Nevertheless, here is my question.

If you could only get one bag out of the below 3, which would you pick and why:
1. Mulberry Lily
2. Louis Vuitton Alma BB
3. Gucci Dionysus mini

Thanks.

Lily! Definitely! I never cared for Gucci and I just don't think the brand is even in the same league as Mulberry or Louis Vuitton. Just not interested at all. I do like Louis Vuitton. I even own a couple LV bags... and I like the Alma BB... but Louis Vuitton can also be a bit tacky you know? In a good way, but it's just not always appropriate for every occasion. Especially if you're thinking of the monogram. While a Lily on the other hand, I really think that's a bag you can take everywhere.

My vote goes too Alma bb. It is versatile with shoulder and hand carry options. Very durable and understated in epi leather. I love that it maintains its shape. I own both the Lily and Alma bb. The leather in my Lilly has softened a lot and you do have to fill it up so that it maintains it shape. My lily feels more dressy to me, while Alma bb can be casual and dressy. I do love using the Lily when I'm dressed up though! I'm not familiar with the Gucci.

Last edited:
Lily definitely for me, it's such a classic, simplistic lines, easy to open and has got everything going for it.

I have the LV Alma in the next size up, PM but it's quite difficult to get into because of the shape & zip. It would drive me nuts struggling to access anything smaller. Mine is in the Vernis leather and the Epi is even thicker and stiffer.

I have one Gucci, the soho but none of the others have ever appealed. The one you have mentioned looks eminently forgeable.

Lily all the way! I absolutely adore mine, I can wear it dressy or casual, on the shoulder or crossbody. I love it :loveeyes:
It can fit a lot as well, I never had to leave something at home because I didn't have the space in the bag. Use a small wallet and you can fit loads.When I got the bag I was not sure I would use it a lot, but it has become my most used Mulberry!

I love the LV epi leather but not a fan of alma in any shape or size, even though I own a very old regular sized alma. My vote goes to lily reg or medium size. The alma and lily are very different bags though, depends on what you are using her for.