Tech Just spent 1 1/2 taking stuff off my phone...

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
Local memory keeps filling up but my Sd card is practically empty. How to get stuff to store and STAY on the memory card?

What apps to keep and what to get rid of? I have some games, FB, messenger tPF (of course). Took off a lot.

I sm using a Galaxy S5, it's pretty old as phones go. 16 gb memory card.

Should I have the security app or is that a waste?
thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using PurseForum mobile app

Local memory keeps filling up but my Sd card is practically empty. How to get stuff to store and STAY on the memory card?

What apps to keep and what to get rid of? I have some games, FB, messenger tPF (of course). Took off a lot.

thank you

I have the same problem, and my phone is even older than yours- an S4! I also have a 16gb card and have 10gb free on it but can't for the life of me figure out how to either move stuff from the phone to the card or get stuff to stay on the card. I hope someone can help us!

thank you

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but hopefully it is. I believe once you've done this, it should move everything you've selected to the microSD and anything new will save there too. Hope this helps you! :smile:

http://http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00039230/764669087/SM-G900PZKASPR

I'm not sure. Since I'm not sure I probably am not. I do shut them down, and have an app that supposedly cleans your phone, although I've been told that in and of itself uses a lot of memory.
Those things can depending on the app.

If you go to settings, applications (or whatever variation your distro offers), you can clear history that's stored and update how the applications are configured typically. This may help.

Those things can depending on the app.

If you go to settings, applications (or whatever variation your distro offers), you can clear history that's stored and update how the applications are configured typically. This may help.
Thank you, I will try that!

To free memory and keep those persistent apps from running, I use Greenify. The paid version has more features like having the option to hibernate even system apps. Does wonders for my battery and phone performance.

Also, anything I can access on a browser, I don't use apps for. Recent deleted Amazon, etc, and the mobile sites on the browser are just as good; didn't even miss them. Having a standalone app for every site I frequent is just overkill, imo.