Maybe a Crazy observation but

Daisy22

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
LV even the leather lines is priced pretty well in the luxury handbag market. Yes, I know all handbags and especially "luxury" handbags are overpriced, but within the luxury market LV prices are looking pretty good. Has anyone checked out Dior, Valentino, Fendi, Gucci etc. lately? They are really high for trendy/seasonal bags that will be put on sale at the end of season or within the year. Even Coach and other non-luxury brands are creeping up a lot.

Has anyone else noticed/thought this?

Yes LV Epi leather bags are still fairly priced. Most of DIOR are leather lined so it's price around same as the Capucines. Fendi has quite reasonable range bags like the By the Way and Dujour and 3jour except for the Peekaboo which which quite highly price for a microfibre line bag.

Yes, and oddly enough I was just thinking about this last night! I can tolerate the price point of LV. I desperately want a Chanel bag; but the prices are so expensive now. I've looked at their bags in the Bloor St boutique for the past six years, and every year I kick myself for not buying something. How high can prices go?

Yes, and oddly enough I was just thinking about this last night! I can tolerate the price point of LV. I desperately want a Chanel bag; but the prices are so expensive now. I've looked at their bags in the Bloor St boutique for the past six years, and every year I kick myself for not buying something. How high can prices go?

I keep joking that I should have invested my retirement in Chanel flap bags -- I'd have made a better return

I was thinking LV was creeping up pretty high in price.. doesn't help $CAD is crap

Soft Lockit is $5,000 - 5,700
Capucines is $6,000 - 8,000

When I think about spending $5k or more on a bag I immediately think of Chanel or Hermes, not LV. I love these LV bags and was glad I bought my Soft Lockit before price increases but I feel mentally these bags are slowing getting out of my reach!

The Louis Vuitton leather bags may be somewhat affordable compared to Dior, Chanel, or Hermès, but they have doubled in price over the past few years.

+1. I bought an epi speedy in 2006 for less than what a canvas speedy goes for now. I'm sure if they still made the epi speedy it would be over $2k.

+1. I bought an epi speedy in 2006 for less than what a canvas speedy goes for now. I'm sure if they still made the epi speedy it would be over $2k.

So true!
I remember a pochette Accessoire around 2002 was €160!! It seems so cheap! I should have bought 100 of them and now I would sell them on eBay for twice the price ! 😄😄😄

So true!
I remember a pochette Accessoire around 2002 was €160!! It seems so cheap! I should have bought 100 of them and now I would sell them on eBay for twice the price ! 😄😄😄

Haha! Someone needs to invent a time machine so we can go back and tell our younger selves to stock up on LV!

The Louis Vuitton leather bags may be somewhat affordable compared to Dior, Chanel, or Hermès, but they have doubled in price over the past few years.

^ This!!

While yes, I agree that LV is still "cheaper" than the others; I am saddened by how expensive it has gotten. A touch too expensive nowadays, in my opinion.

I used to be able to buy the LV seasonal big guns. But now I find myself with slim-pickins in the monogram SLG stuff. Haha. And I have more money now than years ago too! So funny.

I agree, many newly introduced LV bags and wallets are "reasonable" while bags from Valentino are outrageous!!! Even my beloved Bottega Veneta has significantly raised their prices. Way to go LV :smile: