(New release?) City Calf Double Zip Medium Tote

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
Hello Prada fans, I was wondering if anyone owns this tote?

I am so in love with it and I have tried it on in the store and just love how smooshy the leather is. The contrast stitching from past city calfs weren't my preference but I just love how this one looks like the classic saffiano models but with the suede contrast interior and the tone-on-tone stitching. I also LOVE the thicker strap and how it gives a little more length than the saffiano totes. I imagine it will age better over time and get a sheen along with a beautiful slouch.

The only thing is it seems a little tall compared to its width.

I'm 99.9% set on buying it but wanted to know if anyone else got it, and how you love it. The sales associate said it was a relatively new model, is it true?

Any comments or thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. P.S. I currently own a single zip saffiano in Marmo/gray and I am in love with the size (like a medium size) and I feel it's way better structured than the more-popular double zip for me. Somehow the middle zipper keeps everything structured for me. It has become my everyday. Also because it fits the 12" Macbook like a glove.

Link to NM: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Prada-C...=NMCIBizrateFeed&003=5839112&010=sku161232339
Link to Saks: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...RTMENT<>ast_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=l8PyieJ
NMV2SFK_mu.jpg

Reactions: Miss World
Nobody? :shame:

I don't have this one but the one from last year with the contrast stitching you were talking about. I think the leather is the same and I LOVE mine! I also bought it because I think I'll have a better chance with this type of leather . So many owners of saffiano have quality problems.:sad: The best advice I can give you is to buy from Neiman Marcus. If you have problems with it they should take it back. I bought a saffiano tote 2 years ago from them. I had it for 2 months and the glazing started to crack. It was perfect when I got it and I baby my bags. They refunded my money. If you buy from a Prada boutique, they will not issue a refund.

I don't have this one but the one from last year with the contrast stitching you were talking about. I think the leather is the same and I LOVE mine! I also bought it because I think I'll have a better chance with this type of leather . So many owners of saffiano have quality problems.:sad: The best advice I can give you is to buy from Neiman Marcus. If you have problems with it they should take it back. I bought a saffiano tote 2 years ago from them. I had it for 2 months and the glazing started to crack. It was perfect when I got it and I baby my bags. They refunded my money. If you buy from a Prada boutique, they will not issue a refund.

Thanks! And for the tip!

I finally pulled the trigger and got her. I am very happy, especially with the wider strap and the smooshy calf that reminds me of Hermes Swift leather. Can't wait till she starts to slouch and shine with age.

I have included my noise cancelling earphones in the photo because 1) the colors match, which is funny and 2) I felt the price on these headphones were a bit ridiculous, so it kind of fits the whole "opulent luxury" theme of this forum :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453430323.968777.jpg

Reactions: Miss World
Very nice purchase! I love the pop of blue! So pretty! I have a question for you - I purchased a Prada city calf hobo from Saks and it has micro creases in the leather. Do you notice that with yours? I'm not sure if it's because this one has been roughly handled (it was a end of season bag)? Or if that's just how it is. Thanks!

I finally pulled the trigger and got her. I am very happy, especially with the wider strap and the smooshy calf that reminds me of Hermes Swift leather. Can't wait till she starts to slouch and shine with age.

I have included my noise cancelling earphones in the photo because 1) the colors match, which is funny and 2) I felt the price on these headphones were a bit ridiculous, so it kind of fits the whole "opulent luxury" theme of this forum :biggrin:

View attachment 3248728

It has been a couple months now since you posted this picture. Can you please tell me if the leather on this bag is sensitive to scratches? Is it soft and easily scratched?

I've been thinking about purchasing this exact bag but in blue. Is the bag fairly heavy? I don't own anything from this brand yet because of the weight so curious how this one compared.

I've been thinking about purchasing this exact bag but in blue. Is the bag fairly heavy? I don't own anything from this brand yet because of the weight so curious how this one compared.

It's pretty lightweight
I realize it comes in 4 colors! Did not know. It is very smooshy though.

It has been a couple months now since you posted this picture. Can you please tell me if the leather on this bag is sensitive to scratches? Is it soft and easily scratched?

I think it's def. more sensitive to scratches than the Saffiano leather but seems to still hold up pretty well.

It's an inch or two taller than the double zip and I do think this does make a difference and makes it too tall for me. I do wish it was shorter.

I do find myself reaching for my saffiano tote less and using this one just because of its smooshy convenience

Reactions: teagongfu
It's pretty lightweight
I realize it comes in 4 colors! Did not know. It is very smooshy though.

I think it's def. more sensitive to scratches than the Saffiano leather but seems to still hold up pretty well.

It's an inch or two taller than the double zip and I do think this does make a difference and makes it too tall for me. I do wish it was shorter.

I do find myself reaching for my saffiano tote less and using this one just because of its smooshy convenience

Can you post any MOD pics to get an idea of size? :smile: thanks!!!

Roku, thank you so much for your posts/help! You were exactly right about this bag...at the end of the day, I decided to get it and I am sooo glad that I did!! I got a pretty good price on it, too. I love that it has such a classic look with a fun lining. The leather is so soft and gorgeous and a nice complement to my saffiano double zip tote. Thanks again:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for posting this. Do you ever find the double zip concept annoying/inconvenient? I personally hate it &#128563; ( not the bag, it's beautiful, just the whole double dip concept). The way the bag is structured means that you have to put the majority of your things in the middle, open compartment, which doesn't have so much as abs trap securing it. You have to at least put *something* in there or else your bag will seem empty I guess, it doesn't look to me like you can just put your things in the two zipped compartments and leave the open compartment empty. I wish Prada would get over the double zip concept already and start releasing secure bags again &#128542;

Roku, thank you so much for your posts/help! You were exactly right about this bag...at the end of the day, I decided to get it and I am sooo glad that I did!! I got a pretty good price on it, too. I love that it has such a classic look with a fun lining. The leather is so soft and gorgeous and a nice complement to my saffiano double zip tote. Thanks again:smile:[/QUOTE]