Should have looked better :/

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hi all,

So I dabble in the preloved market and purchased a preloved tote. I Have a little one so when it came in, I took a quick peak, said it's great and back in the dustbag it went until I was ready to use it. Well many months later I noticed tearing of the monogram canvas at the strap.

Okay, so lesson learned, look closer next time:/, but does anyone have any recommendations for how to try and ensure it doesn't get worse? By any chance :/

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

Hi all,

So I dabble in the preloved market and purchased a preloved tote. I Have a little one so when it came in, I took a quick peak, said it's great and back in the dustbag it went until I was ready to use it. Well many months later I noticed tearing of the monogram canvas at the strap.

Okay, so lesson learned, look closer next time:/, but does anyone have any recommendations for how to try and ensure it doesn't get worse? By any chance :/

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

What bag is it and when was it made?
Do you have a picture?

Estrela - it's not the straps - it's the monogram canvas that's cracked-

Will try and take a photo
I would honestly take it to LV. If they find it to be a flaw with the bag you may get a credit. It's definitely worth trying because it is cracking where the handle is attached. ya never know :smile: And in answering your question, i would say the only way to stop it from getting worse would be to not use the bag or put anything in it therefore nothing :sad: Good luck huni x

As a last resort, I would dab a little Super Glue into the tear and then press it together for a minute til it drys. That stuff is so strong! Only do this a last resort though. I don't know if it will work and I don't know if it will cause any discoloration or anything. But if your only other option is to not use it, then it's worth a shot!

It looks torn to me rather than a crack. Especially because of where it is right on the chap. Previous owner probably carried too much weight in the bag. Either use it and enjoy it, or resell it. :smile:

I would honestly take it to LV. If they find it to be a flaw with the bag you may get a credit. It's definitely worth trying because it is cracking where the handle is attached. ya never know :smile: And in answering your question, i would say the only way to stop it from getting worse would be to not use the bag or put anything in it therefore nothing :sad: Good luck huni x

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I think the previous owner was too rough :/

As a last resort, I would dab a little Super Glue into the tear and then press it together for a minute til it drys. That stuff is so strong! Only do this a last resort though. I don't know if it will work and I don't know if it will cause any discoloration or anything. But if your only other option is to not use it, then it's worth a shot!

Thank you!! I actually was thinking along this line also. There is flexible glue made for fabric and canvas for loctite (produces super glue). I'm thinking it may work as a last resort fix.

Thank you for the advice! 💕

It looks torn to me rather than a crack. Especially because of where it is right on the chap. Previous owner probably carried too much weight in the bag. Either use it and enjoy it, or resell it. :smile:

I agree with you. I don't think it was the bag, I think it was the user :/

Thank you so much for responding and the advice ;)

I would take it to a cobbler. Will it be as good as new? Probably not but it might have a little more life left in it. Search the forums. I read about somebody that glued the canvas and then painted the fix. So sorry this happened to you. That should have been disclosed by the seller.