Need some advice choosing my first purchase!

curlyccue

Aug 11, 2010
So I have a huge growing wish list of items but I really want my first purchase to be a crossbody bag. I'm a mom of 2 and pregnant with my third so I need a practical everyday bag. I don't need to carry my kids things though just mine. Im gravitating towards DE. So I've been thinking Bloomsbury, speedy B 30 or maybe even twinset (this might be slightly too small for me for everyday use but I'm considering). Any advice or opinions on your favorite everyday crossbody bag?

I'd choose the speedy. I'm a mom of two. I also like the Belmont but it might look too big as a crossbody. I use a totally mm which is great for extra room but it's not a crossbody. The estrela is pretty too. Good luck!

I'd choose the speedy. I'm a mom of two. I also like the Belmont but it might look too big as a crossbody. I use a totally mm which is great for extra room but it's not a crossbody. The estrela is pretty too. Good luck!
I'm a mum of 3, ages 7, 8 and 10 so they still have "stuff" although not as much as younger ones :smile:
I have a Totally, a Neverfull and a Speedy B 30. My Speedy B is the one I always reach for! So easy to wear crossbody and doesn't hurt my shoulder like the other 2 bags
HTH x

First of all, congrats on baby #3!!!

I would go w/ the Bloomsbury.

The speedy b 30 is a great bag (and I love mine) but it's not small. It holds a considerable amount and I don't find I carry all that much most days. So, unless I'm carry more than usual (extra tablets, schoolwork for kids, etc), I don't reach for it. If you consider at some point you will be carrying a diaper bag also, that just gets to be a bit much (especially when you factor in the infant carrier or keeping tabs on older kids, too).

What I like about the Bloomsbury is it's slim and feels more like a true cross body to me. Perfect for running errands w/ the kids in tow. Material is very forgiving and will withstand all kinds of infant/child accidents (cleans easily).

I am a HUGE fan of going into the store and trying things on. I remember trying on a bag and then holding my 3yr old's hand and walking around the store to see how well the bag stayed on my shoulder, etc.

I don't think any of them are wrong and your needs and tastes may evolve but each of these choices will fit your needs off and on for years to come.

I've been really happy with my bloomsbury and I love the way it looks. I had a speedy b 30 in DE and sold it. I never wore it cross body and found the strap was uncomfortable when I'd wear it on my shoulder (not the case with the bloomsbury strap).

With that being said, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing another one in mono since I know the strap would be comfortable.

Either are good choices. You may want a purse organizer with your speedy if you want to find things easily.

Thanks you guys for all of your opinions! It's so hard to decide between the speedy and the Bloomsbury! I think a trip to the store to try them on before I purchase may be in order!

I think Bloomsbury is the perfect choice. It's gorgeous, spacious and the front pocket is great for easy access to phone, keys or items you frequently reach for. I love the look of this cross body as well.

I have the Bloomsbury and the speedy 30. I have to say the speedy since it's more versatile.

I really like having the outside pocket on my Bloomsbury for my phone though, very convenient

I've been really happy with my bloomsbury and I love the way it looks. I had a speedy b 30 in DE and sold it. I never wore it cross body and found the strap was uncomfortable when I'd wear it on my shoulder (not the case with the bloomsbury strap).

With that being said, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing another one in mono since I know the strap would be comfortable.

Either are good choices. You may want a purse organizer with your speedy if you want to find things easily.

So the Bloomsbury strap isn't as stiff and uncomfortable as Speedy B in DE? My strap hurts :sad:

Speedy b 30!!! I have two kids, a 2 year old and 5 year old. This is my favorite type bag to use. I have had all sizes of the speedies and definitely prefer the 30 :smile: I will say, the neverfull with an organizer was much easier when they were younger though.

i have 2 kids, age 4 and 7 months. I carry the Blois and i love it! sadly, it's discontinued.
holds stuff like bandaids, candy, hair ties and purse stuff. for their stuff though, i have a backpack as a diaper bag so i can be hands free.

Reactions: Qwerty888
I'm heading to my store which is a hour away tomorrow to try some on and compare a few in person! I think I might be leaning towards a speedy b 30 but who knows once I get there!