About Louis Vuitton Key Cles / Key Pouch Quality

purseWorld

O.G.
Mar 11, 2013
I ordered the key cles online some time ago and received one that's out of shape (very uneven sides) so I returned it. I was disappointed because I thought I would love it like most people, but it just didn't look like it was worth the money.

I totally forgot about it then, and few days ago I was browsing on their website and I thought I'd give it another shot, so I ordered it again online. The price had 45 CAD increase then when I first ordered it.

I received it today, and although it's not out of shape, it's still not quite even on both sides. It doesn't bother me as much as the previous one so I am keeping it, but what do you guys think about this?

I thought for 245 CAD at least they'd make it even on both sides, but it just looks like it's been eyeballed when they were sewed. The logos meet on each side, but I am talking about the shape. I was surprised that I couldn't find any comments about it online.

I am sure it's because it's "handmade", but for the price I am sure they could do better then eyeballing. I've seen some pictures of authentic cles online where they are really uneven on each side. Am being super OCD? I would like to hear your opinions! xo

I ordered the key cles online some time ago and received one that's out of shape (very uneven sides) so I returned it. I was disappointed because I thought I would love it like most people, but it just didn't look like it was worth the money.

I totally forgot about it then, and few days ago I was browsing on their website and I thought I'd give it another shot, so I ordered it again online. The price had 45 CAD increase then when I first ordered it.

I received it today, and although it's not out of shape, it's still not quite even on both sides. It doesn't bother me as much as the previous one so I am keeping it, but what do you guys think about this?

I thought for 245 CAD at least they'd make it even on both sides, but it just looks like it's been eyeballed when they were sewed. The logos meet on each side, but I am talking about the shape. I was surprised that I couldn't find any comments about it online.

I am sure it's because it's "handmade", but for the price I am sure they could do better then eyeballing. I've seen some pictures of authentic cles online where they are really uneven on each side. Am being super OCD? I would like to hear your opinions! xo

Post is a pic so we can have a look at it for you!:smile:

I know what you're talking about. I found it odd when I first bought mine, but it doesn't bother me anymore. The form and function are still there and they more than make up for the imperfection. :biggrin:

It seems pretty common, though. I have three key pouches in canvas and I don't think any of them are perfect. :shrugs:

I ordered one about a year ago and one side was torn at the seam. It seems like a useful piece but I don't think the quality is on par. Also want impressed with the dullness of the hardware.

Thanks everyone for the reply! :smile:

I ordered more SLGs (or should I say small canvas goods) and it looks like there's an issue with LV's quality control. (Someone on youTube said that the online boutique have a tendency for poor quality control, so maybe this is the case.)

I got the round coin purse and the leather piece is not even evenly sewed on, and there are glue spots so I could feel that it's sticky everywhere in the canvas. I am going to exchange this and see if I can get a proper one. I am just a bit disappointed in LV.. I feel like their quality has gone downhill.

Increase in price and decrease in quality. WHY...:pout:

Thanks everyone for the reply! :smile:

I ordered more SLGs (or should I say small canvas goods) and it looks like there's an issue with LV's quality control. (Someone on youTube said that the online boutique have a tendency for poor quality control, so maybe this is the case.)

I got the round coin purse and the leather piece is not even evenly sewed on, and there are glue spots so I could feel that it's sticky everywhere in the canvas. I am going to exchange this and see if I can get a proper one. I am just a bit disappointed in LV.. I feel like their quality has gone downhill.

Increase in price and decrease in quality. WHY...:pout:
Well, like we said, pictures would have been helpful...

Hi everyone - Just got a mono key pouch and while there is no light shinning through I notice the zipper seems like it is sticking out. I looked at my other two key pouches and apparently the zipper corners were sewn down on those but not this new one. My other key pouches are much older (and MIF) so I wasn’t sure if this is just how they are made these days or if this relates to the USA quality control issues. Thoughts appreciated!!

1459B271-BC4C-4C0D-9F44-500D8C7D6C49.jpeg

143EE85B-AA97-4343-934E-1253E39E2151.jpeg

There’s a thread about the poor quality of the MIU key pouches. I returned 2 in the past few weeks because I compared it with a MIF one I also received and clear difference in the stitching. Both MIU ones were very poor quality. I do not recall what the zipper looked like but I do believe all 3 pretty much looked the same.

Reactions: imetazoa