Help me find a light neutral bag for spring / summer, please!

Jun 18, 2012
I've been searching for the perfect light neutral bag for over a year and haven't found "the one" so I'd love your help! I'm looking for a medium sized shoulder bag / crossbody. It must span casual to dressy casual, be quiet (limited bling and branding) but have personality. I'm open to any color in the cream to light tan range. And while I strongly prefer silver hardware, I'll happily go with gold hardware for an amazing bag. Cost should stay $2500 or lower (lower is always good[emoji6]). If it helps, I usually wear dresses (super casual to professional) and strappy heeled sandals in the warm months. And I love my Chanel bags but I'm not crazy about Chanel in this color range.

I've been seriously looking at the Mulberry Medium Lily, Miss Dior, and Versace rockstud flap. Love them all but none are perfect. I know they all have chain straps but that is happenstance. Any beautiful / functional strap will do. So please share your ideas & suggestions.[emoji1] Thanks!!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459491471.033429.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459491480.523569.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459491494.093578.jpg

I own the Mulberry Lily in that buttercream color and it's great. It's very, very true to that picture. I adore the color and am expecting to get a lot of use out of it this summer. That being said, I own the small/regular size and not the medium size. The one medium Lily I owned felt heavy when fully loaded up and the double chain straps bothered my shoulder and I never am bothered by a bag being heavy and have never gotten rid of one because of that issue, other than the medium Lily. Still, tons of other people own the medium Lily and love it to pieces so it may just be me with that problem! You can fit quite a bit in the medium Lily for sure.

Massaccesi Zhoe, Hand made in italy, bespoke (you choose hardware color and lining). €300.00

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-04-01-21-41-23.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-04-01-21-41-23.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 396
Hello. Based on the pics you posted, I like the Dior the best. I love the color and the lambskin.
Curious as to what you'll eventually get. I'm in the same boat and have been looking for a nice neutral beige/brown. I also love Chanel but not drawn to their beige bags.

Thanks for all the feedback! Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm really struggling with what bag to get.

I own the Mulberry Lily in that buttercream color and it's great. It's very, very true to that picture. I adore the color and am expecting to get a lot of use out of it this summer. That being said, I own the small/regular size and not the medium size. The one medium Lily I owned felt heavy when fully loaded up and the double chain straps bothered my shoulder and I never am bothered by a bag being heavy and have never gotten rid of one because of that issue, other than the medium Lily. Still, tons of other people own the medium Lily and love it to pieces so it may just be me with that problem! You can fit quite a bit in the medium Lily for sure.
Thanks for letting me know. I wonder how much the medium Lily weighs. Maybe I'll ask on the forum as that may impact my choice.

Thanks for all the feedback! Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm really struggling with what bag to get.

Thanks for letting me know. I wonder how much the medium Lily weighs. Maybe I'll ask on the forum as that may impact my choice.

I don't think the bag itself weighs all that much. It's just that fully loaded and on the single chain, it tended to dig into my shoulder. The placement of the straps on the medium Lily is a little closer together and doesn't disburse the weight as well. It was better with the strap doubled.

I don't think the bag itself weighs all that much. It's just that fully loaded and on the single chain, it tended to dig into my shoulder. The placement of the straps on the medium Lily is a little closer together and doesn't disburse the weight as well. It was better with the strap doubled.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

You're welcome! Over the weekend I saw the Givenchy Antigona in ivory with silver hardware. It was really beautiful! It's a little bit edgier than the Dior or Mulberry, depends on whether you like the Antigona look or not. I already own one in a deep cherry red that I love because you can dress it up or down. The ivory was lovely and it was in their sugar goatskin. It's not nearly as bright white as it looks on the Nordstrom site.

You're welcome! Over the weekend I saw the Givenchy Antigona in ivory with silver hardware. It was really beautiful! It's a little bit edgier than the Dior or Mulberry, depends on whether you like the Antigona look or not. I already own one in a deep cherry red that I love because you can dress it up or down. The ivory was lovely and it was in their sugar goatskin. It's not nearly as bright white as it looks on the Nordstrom site.
Love the Antigona but I was thinking of getting it in a different color. LOL! I think the shape is beautifully edgy without trying to hard. But not exactly what I want in beige. Would love to see your deep cherry.

Love the Antigona but I was thinking of getting it in a different color. LOL! I think the shape is beautifully edgy without trying to hard. But not exactly what I want in beige. Would love to see your deep cherry.

I know, I love the Antigona shape. It's also a very comfortable bag to carry and the small size (which I have) holds everything I need. The medium is too big for me. I'm going to be looking at them when I'm in Europe later this month. Might come home with a different color. :angel: My one question about the new Antigona though is that the shoulder strap is longer and I kind of like the shorter strap that I have on mine.

Regarding cherry red, I'll try to take a pic of it later today and post it in the Antigona thread. It's a tough color to photograph though. It's definitely red, but with a strong pink undertone.
Here is a thread from another poster with some pics of hers in cherry: http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/my-first-givenchy-in-red-cherry-plus-some-890574.html