I've only had this bag a month.... Help please

Sep 7, 2014
Hey ladies, one of the reasons I bought this bag was because I thought I wouldn't have to baby it much. I've worn it maybe three times now. Anyways, today I was admiring it when I saw this......

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459635190.538458.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459635208.410299.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459635260.621078.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459635275.863127.jpg

I'm so sad right now! There are a few white scuffs that I don't really care about, but that tear makes me so upset. Do you ladies have any suggestions about what can be done for it? I'm pretty sure this isn't what's considered a quality control issue. I haven't contacted my SA for help yet, but will in a few days for her input as well.

-it's the glazed calfskin iridescent boy

My best advice would be to take it back -- the Chanel Spa takes ages, but it's worth it -- I think that you get a year of free repair (or maybe longer, anyone??), and they've always done a good job with my stuff ... What a bummer, though!!

Thanks ladies, I took it to the store today and my SA is sending it in for repair. We are hoping they will be able to fix it (and hopefully for free since I just got it). My SA and I are hoping for both!

Also, I asked someone in the repair department a while ago about repairing patent, and I was told they could depending on the damage.
Oh this good news then!!! My SA always tells me that patent is non repairable but maybe your situation is totally different and they can fix it.. Its a beautiful bag :smile:

Oh this good news then!!! My SA always tells me that patent is non repairable but maybe your situation is totally different and they can fix it.. Its a beautiful bag :smile:

patent leather is not repairable when it gets scuffs and color transfer marks. the bag cannot be redyed and the marks are there to stay. a small tear in the fabric could likely be glued or reglazed, depending on where the location is. she's lucky hers is towards the bottom end. so your SA is right, mostly

YAY!!!! so happy for you!!! you got your bag back already?!

Yes! It only took a few weeks :biggrin: My SA sent it to New York if I'm not mistaken.

patent leather is not repairable when it gets scuffs and color transfer marks. the bag cannot be redyed and the marks are there to stay. a small tear in the fabric could likely be glued or reglazed, depending on where the location is. she's lucky hers is towards the bottom end. so your SA is right, mostly

This isn't entirely true. My patent bag had small scuffs and/or a small bit of transfer. Someone recommend Vaseline in another thread for patent louboutins, and the trick worked for my shoes and this bag. As well as, a few weeks ago another Chanel patent owner made a thread about getting rid of her transfer with vaseline. I did leave a few small marks when I sent my chanel in for repair and my bag returned looking brand new without the scuffs. So some scuffs and transfer can be removed, however, I'm not saying all.

The portion that was torn appears to be glued and then reglazed; maybe 65 percent of the bottom where the tear was has a slightly different (yet unnoticeable) new coating.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, one of the reasons I bought this bag was because I thought I wouldn't have to baby it much. I've worn it maybe three times now. Anyways, today I was admiring it when I saw this......

View attachment 3318547View attachment 3318548

View attachment 3318549View attachment 3318550

I'm so sad right now! There are a few white scuffs that I don't really care about, but that tear makes me so upset. Do you ladies have any suggestions about what can be done for it? I'm pretty sure this isn't what's considered a quality control issue. I haven't contacted my SA for help yet, but will in a few days for her input as well.

-it's the glazed calfskin iridescent boy

I'd take it back to Chanel and send it off to the Spa. A spa visit at Chanel is usually free for the first year so send it away to get freshened up!