Opinions needed on this Chanel from Spring 2016

Asphodel

The higher the heels, the closer to heaven
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Hello Chanel lovers. I am eyeing this flap from the 2016 collection. I am a little hesitant because of the patent leather and "unique" sides being a different leather and two folded compartments. I love the colour and think it could be a lot of fun. What do you all think?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459540399.971747.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459540417.879089.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459540437.339121.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459540450.478923.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun! And I love that color!
But if you think resale is a possibility I'd probably avoid since patent is impossible to clean and the style is more selective.

I really like the shape and I love the color. I'm not usually a fan of patent but this is really pretty. The size also looks perfect on you, very flattering.

I think it looks great on you! Also, I love patent and this particular blue is lovely. I have a handbag called a Coco 4 (in lambskin) that has the pleating on the sides. I really like it. It affords quite a bit of room and its different!

I think you should go for it. It's beautiful and unique. :loveeyes:

Thanks so far. I usually avoid patent as well. But in navy, I think it looks very nice. It also holds a lot, but I am worried that I will get sick of it. I wonder if it os classic enough for me to love for many years....

I think it looks great on you! Also, I love patent and this particular blue is lovely. I have a handbag called a Coco 4 (in lambskin) that has the pleating on the sides. I really like it. It affords quite a bit of room and its different!

I think you should go for it. It's beautiful and unique. :loveeyes:

Yes it did hold a lot which I loved. Do you have any pictures of your bag? Is it recent?

Looks like a lot of fun! And I love that color!
But if you think resale is a possibility I'd probably avoid since patent is impossible to clean and the style is more selective.

Resale is always an option as I have sold bags on the past to fund new purchases. I am hoping to find one that I love and want to keep for a while.

I love patent leather! I don't really like the sides of the bag though..looks a bit awkward? Maybe try waiting for a classic jumbo to come in a navy patent if you think the sides will start to bother you?

It's a beautiful color. Is it comfortable to wear and does it hold as much as a classic flap? Sometimes the bags that are wider at the bottom are uncomfortable to wear under your shoulder. Most of Chanel bags are single compartment, so it depends if the inside configuration will work for you too.

The size, leather shoulder strap and ability to wear crossbody are great!

It's a beautiful color. Is it comfortable to wear and does it hold as much as a classic flap? Sometimes the bags that are wider at the bottom are uncomfortable to wear under your shoulder. Most of Chanel bags are single compartment, so it depends if the inside configuration will work for you too.

The size, leather shoulder strap and ability to wear crossbody are great!

I was actually very impressed with how much the bag could hold. It has three compartments and easily fit a wallet, a make-up case, keys, and sunglasses with case. It was a big bonus.