Bayswater to be discontinued from A/W 2016 onwards??!

celialow

Oct 3, 2013
hi ladies, i was just told in the store (in Singapore) that the bayswater will be discontinued!!

it has been confirmed that bayswater will not be available next season onwards. pretty sure the news got people buying, as the oak in NVT is completely sold out with no replenishments to be expected.

has anyone heard the same?

hi ladies, i was just told in the store (in Singapore) that the bayswater will be discontinued!!

it has been confirmed that bayswater will not be available next season onwards. pretty sure the news got people buying, as the oak in NVT is completely sold out with no replenishments to be expected.

That would be so insane and spell the end of mulberry. Let's hope it is a strategy to sell some bags!

I haven't heard this.
And a "classics" section appeared on website, next to coca's freak show.

I believe coca will rework bays design.
Poppers down side, so bag will open to store flat--as true luxury items do. :P (oooh, sarcasm)
Loveheart posted photos very kindly, in catwalk 2016 thread. To show these bays & other styles.
Also, there was a bays with different color interior. Color pop stuff.

But, my general impression has been that coca's stuff underwhelmed customers.
So classics will pay the rent.
Could be wrong, of course.

Reactions: Lynnalovesbags
I would not be surprised as they continue with the rebranding. I have not heard about this though. I have one Bayswater I am happy with. I saw the Clifton yesterday. It looked like a celine trio with a flap and the leather was smooth (ie did not feel very scratch resistant).
I haven't bought any mulberry bags since 2012. I am pretty certain I won't be buying anymore anytime soon.

I've deleted the duplicated post and merged CP's response to this thread Celia.

Am checking with Mulberry to see if they will confirm. :-s

I've deleted the duplicated post and merged CP's response to this thread Celia.

Am checking with Mulberry to see if they will confirm. :-s
thanks Moo. I would think they have completely lost the plot if they got rid of classic bays. I would purchase my last bays in the summer sale and that would be it for me and mulberry :sad:

the bayswater and the lily are their bread and butter bags. Getting rid of them would lead to more profit warnings.

thanks Moo. I would think they have completely lost the plot if they got rid of classic bays. I would purchase my last bays in the summer sale and that would be it for me and mulberry :sad:

the bayswater and the lily are their bread and butter bags. Getting rid of them would lead to more profit warnings.
No problem CP.

I totally agree. I appreciate a brand must evolve, but dropping core classics would not make any economic sense at all :wtf: