PM disappointment.

Brucewayne13

Jan 9, 2016
I just got my pochette Metis yesterday after having ordered it online. I didn't have a chance to open it till this morning. I am posting some pics - this looks damaged doesn't it? I sent the pictures to LV customer service and I am waiting to hear back from them. I should have asked for the bag to be picked up from the store. At least the store associate would have taken a look at it (I hope) before trying to palm this off to a customer.
Feeling bummed. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459301992.887442.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459302006.645324.jpg

I would definitely return that bag and ask for a replacement. Those white marks look like the canvas is peeling or has been rubbed up against something...LV really needs to up their quality control on the PM for these last few batches.

My luck with online is hit or miss. Sadly, I cannot recommend it across the board. I realize it is a tough decision when it comes to a scarce item like PM. I am sorry this happened to you- I hope you get another in perfect condition or your money back quickly.

It is always better to inspect- either in person or by an SA you work with and trust.

I just got my pochette Metis yesterday after having ordered it online. I didn't have a chance to open it till this morning. I am posting some pics - this looks damaged doesn't it? I sent the pictures to LV customer service and I am waiting to hear back from them. I should have asked for the bag to be picked up from the store. At least the store associate would have taken a look at it (I hope) before trying to palm this off to a customer.
Feeling bummed. View attachment 3315007View attachment 3315008

Wow............... No no no... don't keep this one...

What is going on with all the messed up pochette metis bags lately? I would send it back for a new one.

+1

Seriously! What's wrong with all these defective bags lately?! I just ordered an PM online today and now I'm nervous... [emoji27]

OP, sorry to hear what happened. Hope you get a new one soon! Keep us posted.

Have you tried wiping these spots off with a damp cloth? Or, is the surface scuffed? Can't really tell on my iPhone. Could it possibly be left over residue from some protective cover (just guessing here)? It's quite odd. I'm sure this must have deflated your excitement. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end! GL.

Yes, definitely looks like peeling of the canvas. No way would I keep that. You really shouldn't have to wipe anything...

These defects or whatever they are... One would think they would want to prevent them as much as possible. Such a WASTE...

So sorry about your bag. I know it must be very disappointing. But, on the bright side at least it's not DISCONTINUED.[emoji2] May have to be a little patient, hopefully the next bag will be better/flawless.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely looks like peeling of the canvas. No way would I keep that. Too many defects Such a waste of materials/etc imo. They need to stop rushing or whatever they're doing.

So sorry about your bag. I know it must be very disappointing. But, on the bright side at least it's not DISCONTINUED! lol
May have to be a little patient, but hopefully the next one will be flawless.

I think they are rushing. They know there are wait lists and want to capitalise, however it will shoot them in the foot if people return them (which they should if they look like this or the other one we saw the other day) and yes! What a waste of materials! Maybe they will reuse it somehow who knows. I don't blame the artists, bc I'm sure it's all about who can make the most in a month etc. Management putting pressure on them. The ones on top are probably clueless, and then you have the quality control guys... I mean... Are they high? My MK bags are made better. Geeeez. Come on LV!! I miss you!!! Meh *blowing off some steam* choooo chooo