What to choose?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the Hermes forum, so hello! I am selling a couple of my Chanel bags to purchase a Hermes piece. I already own a vintage Kelly and another vintage Hermes bag (of which I don't know the name of). My question is, what are your opinions on which bag I should purchase? I will be purchasing pre owned as funds won't allow to buy new.
Unfortunately my budget won't stretch to a Birkin, so what would you recommend? TIA :smile:

Thanks for replying. I would like a bag to take from daytime to evening if possible. I quite like the look of the Bolide, but not sure if it is too big to be carried on the shoulder successfully.

Bolide is a great choice. It's classic and is commonly available in three sizes so I am sure you will find the right size for you as you investigate your options. Good luck on your journey to finding your dream bag!:smile:

Dalvy, drag and bolide would be my first stop as well as they are nicely priced usually on the resale market. I don't own a dalvy or drag but do have 2 bolides, one a 27 in vert anise chevre the other is a 31 in Epsom in bougainvillea. The 27 due to its size is very ladylike. A 31 may be rather large for evening depending on the event. I can see a Dalvy going from day to evening especially if it is black and most of the ones I see are box leather. Be sure to read doc ride's thread on how to care for box. Welcome aboard and happy purse hungting!

Agreed with bolide 27👍👍👍
You can wear it with strap for day time use.
Hand held for evening with nice twilly for little bit of twist 😉
Good luck deciding!!!!

I say dalvy (see my avatar) bolide 31 or plume. I have all 3 and all can transition nicely from day to evening. Bolide has the added luxury of having a shoulder strap.

since you are looking for a daytime to evening bag

i would recommend plume =)

it is readily available in boutiques in asia as of now, i recently purchased one and i love it

starting from 28, they include inner pockets which are important to me

//please correct me if i am wrong with sizes..

regarding other mentions

1. bolide is also classic, and they can come with a shoulder strap, which may be a deal maker

2. picotin are chic, but does not zip/close completely, which may be a deal breaker dependent on your lifestyle and where you live.

3. lindy is great if you can get your hands on smaller versions to transition into evening - but i once had my cellphone stolen from the outside pocket in Shanghai, which of course scarred me..

4. Dalvy, i have no experience with

5. constance if you could get your hands on, but i do think that it does not hold too much for day.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have been looking at Bolides, but not really how successful they would be carried on the shoulder. If anyone has a picture they could post it would be appreciated. I struggle with large bags as I am only 5 feet tall, so they tend to dwarf me. My Kelly is a 28 which is just about right.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have been looking at Bolides, but not really how successful they would be carried on the shoulder. If anyone has a picture they could post it would be appreciated. I struggle with large bags as I am only 5 feet tall, so they tend to dwarf me. My Kelly is a 28 which is just about right.

Check out the "Ode to the Bolide" thread...lots of pics of the Bolide being carried there. For example here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-the-bolide-79563-425.html and http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/ode-to-the-bolide-79563-391.html#post28884465

I agree with bolide 27.
It is very easy to carry using shoulder strap or as a hand bag.
Mine is ostrich and I find it good for day or evening depending on your outfit. But of course is not the evening clutch type. You mentioned you want a pre loved one due to budget and pre loved bolides are very affordable.