Be Dior Changes

Oryx816

H-eureuse
Apr 30, 2014
Hello fellow Dior fans--

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I was on the Dior website and noticed the BeDior has been changed. I'm not referring to that double strapped one. Please note the pics below:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459076589.714830.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459076603.513193.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459076619.230924.jpg

The sides of the naranja (orange) are different from the side of the raspberry red bag. Even the description notes the differing dimensions....

Naranja 21.5 x 15 x 6.5cm

Raspberry 20 x 16.5 x 11

This may be an attempt to fix the glaze issues. With the change in dimensions plus an added stitch, it seems they are hopeful the glaze will remain intact since the bag will not fold in the area.

I love this bag, and I always have, but was put off by the glazing issues. Has anyone seen this new size/version?

TIA!

Hello fellow Dior fans--

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I was on the Dior website and noticed the BeDior has been changed. I'm not referring to that double strapped one. Please note the pics below:

View attachment 3312832View attachment 3312833View attachment 3312837

The sides of the naranja (orange) are different from the side of the raspberry red bag. Even the description notes the differing dimensions....

Naranja 21.5 x 15 x 6.5cm

Raspberry 20 x 16.5 x 11

This may be an attempt to fix the glaze issues. With the change in dimensions plus an added stitch, it seems they are hopeful the glaze will remain intact since the bag will not fold in the area.

I love this bag, and I always have, but was put off by the glazing issues. Has anyone seen this new size/version?

TIA!
I feel exactly the same way. I love this bag, in all sizes, but didn't consider purchasing due to the many reported " issues" with the glazing. It's such a timeless, gorgeous design, and the leather/ colors are beautiful. Looking at the pictures you posted, I'm not as drawn to the newer shape. One of the things I love about the original version is the shape of the bag. I'm not ruling it out completely, however! Thanks for sharing this info and beautiful pics! Dior has certainly mastered color!

SmudleyBear introduced these changes earlier on the forum.

The glazing issues have not been fixed. There is still the potential of cracking at the high-stress point where the flap meets the bag.

This newer version of the Be Dior is softer (less structured), and is not here to replace the Be Dior. It is just a variation of it, and it's called the "satchel" version.

The glazing issues have not been fixed. There is still the potential of cracking at the high-stress point where the flap meets the bag.

This newer version of the Be Dior is softer (less structured), and is not here to replace the Be Dior. It is just a variation of it, and it's called the "satchel" version.
Thanks, Average Joe!

Ah, I see the distinction now! Thank you AverageJoe! I have been considering changing from my beloved LV Cluny BB to a BeDior, but the glazing issues have deterred me, and the cluny is problem free. On the other hand, the BeDior is a bit more special so I keep being drawn to it! :thinking:

Ah, I see the distinction now! Thank you AverageJoe! I have been considering changing from my beloved LV Cluny BB to a BeDior, but the glazing issues have deterred me, and the cluny is problem free. On the other hand, the BeDior is a bit more special so I keep being drawn to it! :thinking:

I understand what you mean. The design is so nice that it's almost enough to look past the glazing issues.

I have a Be Dior that I purchased in November 2015. It has no glazing issues at all and I use it frequently. I've read all of the comments and concerns in the forum, but haven't had a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky? Like another poster, I had considered the LV Cuny which is a very pretty bag, but to me, the Be has such gorgeous leather, and is so lady-like. I LOVE my Be Dior!