My first birkin 30!!

sudniska

Aug 15, 2007
Hi ladies,

I just got my first birkin 30 in Black Clemence with Gold Hardware. What do you think of clemence leather? Actually I preferred togo leather with silver hardware. Does clemence leather is going to be floppy easily? Please show me your birkin 30 in black Clemence :P

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I just got my first birkin 30 in Black Clemence with Gold Hardware. What do you think of clemence leather? Actually I preferred togo leather with silver hardware. Does clemence leather is going to be floppy easily? Please show me your birkin 30 in black Clemence :P

Clemence is as beautiful as Togo. Personally I love the thick leather feel of a Clemence. Birkin size 30 with a bag insert (check out D&C) and proper storage you should be fine with it.

Congrats ...now let's reveal the beauty. :nuts:

Congratulations!!!!! I own both Togo and Clemence B's, and I actually prefer Clemence. It's lush and thick. It takes color very well. I have a black 35 B Clemence ghw. I use an insert and properly store it when not using. My Togo leathers have softened up as well. Enjoy! Here is a pic of my 35. I also have a B30 Togo PHW, and I prefer the look and feel of my Clemence. If I got offered a B30 in Clemence I would snatch it up in a heartbeat!! So happy for you!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458992558.618947.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!!! I own both Togo and Clemence B's, and I actually prefer Clemence. It's lush and thick. It takes color very well. I have a black 35 B Clemence ghw. I use an insert and properly store it when not using. My Togo leathers have softened up as well. Enjoy! Here is a pic of my 35. I also have a B30 Togo PHW, and I prefer the look and feel of my Clemence. If I got offered a B30 in Clemence I would snatch it up in a heartbeat!! So happy for you!!

View attachment 3311912

This is gorgeous!!!!!

OP- I owned a Black Clemence-Kelly 32 with ghw and a Black Togo-Kelly 32 with Phw, and to me, the black Clemence blew the Togo away. The color was a rich and dark black in the Clemence and not so much in the Togo. I would take Clemence over Togo any day, and ghw, well, I am a ghw person.

View attachment 3311912
Gorgeous bag!!

View attachment 3311912

Totally agree...btw would you ID your lovely sweater?

This is gorgeous!!!!!

OP- I owned a Black Clemence-Kelly 32 with ghw and a Black Togo-Kelly 32 with Phw, and to me, the black Clemence blew the Togo away. The color was a rich and dark black in the Clemence and not so much in the Togo. I would take Clemence over Togo any day, and ghw, well, I am a ghw person.

Again, agree 100% Clemence over Togo any day. And a little softness in a black B is a nice thing :heart:

I have a Clémence B35 and absolutely love it. I slightly prefer Clémence leather over togo, although they can be very similar. Clémence is softer and takes color so well! And the fine grains are just so gorg! My bag is 2 years old and looks and feels like new. She doesn't fall, slouch or anything, although I used it almost daily for the past 2 years. I recently started to rotate my bags more, in order to reduce the wear and tear from daily use.
Well with the hw it is all about personal preferences. I think that I would choose silver hw over gold. When you are offered a bag, and it comes in a great color-leather combo, I would get it in either hw, as I have jewelry in both, gold and silver. And I am not that picky with hw. Black and ghw are a great combo imo, and your new bag is tdf. Such a beauty, such a classic, such a timeless piece! I hardly could get tired of seeing such a bag over and over again. Enjoy your new bag!

Totally agree...btw would you ID your lovely sweater?

Again, agree 100% Clemence over Togo any day. And a little softness in a black B is a nice thing :heart:

Thank you! It's 360 Cashmere. I bought it at Elyse Walker boutique two weeks ago, but I cannot find this exact version online anywhere. I was trying to track down for somebody else. I think they still have... [emoji8][emoji8]

Hi everyone, I'm looking for my first birkin and am torn between a 30 and 35. I currently have a LV neverfull MM (which i find useful but a bit big at times) and LV turenne PM which I love and use the most-am I best looking for a 30? Thanks for any advice.

Thank you! It's 360 Cashmere. I bought it at Elyse Walker boutique two weeks ago, but I cannot find this exact version online anywhere. I was trying to track down for somebody else. I think they still have... [emoji8][emoji8]
Thank you! :hugs: In the Palisades? Maybe I will have time to zoom by. Sorry for the OT!