Best Silk Button Down Shirt

skimilk

Oct 2, 2010
I am looking for a white one in particular, that feels and looks luxurious with a slim, feminine fit.

I've tried on Equipment and wasn't crazy about it- anything else? Who makes your favorite?

Thank you in advance :heart:

Reactions: Snare
I'm actually not a fan of the silk Equipment uses - one wash and it's done. I really like Pucci silk shirts to be honest, the price is a bit steep but they're not impossible to find on sale

I'm actually not a fan of the silk Equipment uses - one wash and it's done. I really like Pucci silk shirts to be honest, the price is a bit steep but they're not impossible to find on sale

Oh no! I just bought an equipment silk button down at Nordstrom Rack - gahh so disappointing to think it won't last through one wash...

I have a gorgeous one from BCBG. I'm very impressed at the quality of silk. I imagine mine isn't sold anymore, but I would keep a look out at that brand to see if any more pop up. Good luck!

Oh no! I just bought an equipment silk button down at Nordstrom Rack - gahh so disappointing to think it won't last through one wash...

Oh no, I'm sure it will be OK. I think it's just certain styles maybe? But the one or two I bought in the past, I had use a special silk wash and they didn't look the same. But this was years ago, so maybe they changed the material as a lot of ladies swear by Equipment. I think you'll be OK :smile:

Oh no, I'm sure it will be OK. I think it's just certain styles maybe? But the one or two I bought in the past, I had use a special silk wash and they didn't look the same. But this was years ago, so maybe they changed the material as a lot of ladies swear by Equipment. I think you'll be OK :smile:

Thanks katran26! I think I will keep it as I have so few button downs and I got it for a decent price at Nordstrom Rack. I'm trying to cut down on my dry cleaning though, so hopefully it'll go through the wash ok...

I like Thomas Pink and have been very happy with their plain white shirts.

For some reason I had thought of them as men's brand only! They have a boutique right next to my favorite cobbler IN THE WORLD. I will check them out for sure. Thanks!

Yeah, something about their silk just left me wanting. I absolutely ADORE vintage Pucci dresses! Never even thought of getting a plain white silk short from them though. Certainly something to think about...

I have a gorgeous one from BCBG. I'm very impressed at the quality of silk. I imagine mine isn't sold anymore, but I would keep a look out at that brand to see if any more pop up. Good luck!

I will check BCBG out as well- haven't bought something from them for ages for whatevet reason, but whatever I did buy seemed like they were quality.

Last fall the Black/White shop had some classic & stylish white silk shirts

Also, seems like Zara gets a big draw.. not sure about silk shirts

I will check out both- I've never purchased anything at Zara, but aren't they known as a fast fashion brand? Will their silk shirts use good, luxe-feeling/looking silk fabric?

I know you don't have personal experience w/ their silk shirts, just asking any tPFers who do!

Everlane has some beautiful silk shirts.

Thanks for the rec! I've been always curious about them. I do like their effort to be transparent about cost- would you (or anyone ekse) say their silk shirts are on par with Equipment? They say "normal retail price" (not their stripped-down price) for their silk shirts should be $190ish, which seems comparable to Equipment.

But then they say their bags' "normal retail price" should be $1300, and I don't know if I believe that...

Sorry if I came across as overly picky- just trying to narrow down the selections (in spirit of KonMari-ing my closet and whatnot) so I have ONE killer one instead of 5 so-so ones. Most likely I will try a few of these, as many as possible in person and decide on one.

Thank you so much for the recs everyone :heart: :heart: :heart:

If anyone has any more, please keep them coming!

For some reason I had thought of them as men's brand only! They have a boutique right next to my favorite cobbler IN THE WORLD. I will check them out for sure. Thanks!

Good luck! I worked on building a complete shirt wardrobe and managed to get a fair number on eBay once I'd worked out the styles and colours that worked for me.

Also TP is in a lot of the Heathrow terminals.

I have several Equipment shirts that I like a lot but would't consider them hardworking business basics.

Good luck! I worked on building a complete shirt wardrobe and managed to get a fair number on eBay once I'd worked out the styles and colours that worked for me.

Also TP is in a lot of the Heathrow terminals.

I have several Equipment shirts that I like a lot but would't consider them hardworking business basics.
I completely agree with this! They are too thin, but they make a nice casual shirt. I like many of their prints, too. I don't really stick to a brand when buying silk shirts, I go more for the feel & weight. That may be hard to do online.

I completely agree with this! They are too thin, but they make a nice casual shirt. I like many of their prints, too. I don't really stick to a brand when buying silk shirts, I go more for the feel & weight. That may be hard to do online.

Maybe that's it - the silk is just very thing & delicate. I haven't had much luck with them in the past...