Which handbag should I get?

Emieg

Mar 2, 2016
Hi there!

I'm (finally!) finishing my medical residency and starting my practice as a doctor this summer.

To celebrate and reward myself for this step of my life, and want to get a nice designer bag.

I have a few MK and Tory Burch, but I've never owned a premier designer bag.

I'm looking for something I can wear daily that could go pretty much for any outfit (and preferably black...)

I looked at some bags, like Celine Luggage or Givenchy Antigona.

Since I'm new to the high end bag game, I would like some advice! Is there any bag you would recommend?

Thanks! :smile:

Hi there!

I'm (finally!) finishing my medical residency and starting my practice as a doctor this summer.

To celebrate and reward myself for this step of my life, and want to get a nice designer bag.

I have a few MK and Tory Burch, but I've never owned a premier designer bag.

I'm looking for something I can wear daily that could go pretty much for any outfit (and preferably black...)

I looked at some bags, like Celine Luggage or Givenchy Antigona.

Since I'm new to the high end bag game, I would like some advice! Is there any bag you would recommend?

Thanks! :smile:

Well, being a Bottega Veneta fan, I would recommend the hobo that is their namesake - if you don't carry a lot, the medium Veneta. If you carry a bit more, then the large. If you carry a lot then the maxi. All in Nero (black), of course. I've included pics from the bottegeveneta.com web site. I'm not sure where you live, but if they interest you at all, please visit one of their boutiques to try them on.

And congratulations on all of your hard work! It has come to fruition!

Attachments

• 45249811LW_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    45249811LW_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 45249817FK_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    45249817FK_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 450
  • 45249883FR_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    45249883FR_16_fp_510x600.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 435
First of all: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a huge achievement.

I'd suggest a Saint Laurent Sac de Jour or Chanel Flap. Both can be dressed up or down and are classic strong so they will be a cornerstone of your collection for years to come.

The Celine luggage is waning in popularity so j would avoid that for a first bag. The Givenchy is gorgeous. Just make sure to visit that thread for feedback and test out the zipper & sizing for yourself.

Hello there! I'm looking for a new/old spring and summer bag and the Vernis collection has a lot of fun colors. I'm looking for a pre-loved one and would like to get your opinion on which one is better for everyday bag -- the Houston or the Brentwood? I'm petite size and I have a Galliera PM and love the size. Since both bags have been retired I can no longer try them in the store. I love the Pomme D' Amor color. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your answers!

Since I'm in Montreal, CA, there's not a lot of place to shop these bags, so I was wondering if someone knows any trusty sellers on ebay? (Or else who can ship to Canada?) theres a lot of pre-owned bag in great condition from what I can't see but I'm kinda scared to spend that much money on Ebay...

Do you have any experiences?!

Since I'm in Montreal, CA, there's not a lot of place to shop these bags, so I was wondering if someone knows any trusty sellers on ebay? (Or else who can ship to Canada?) theres a lot of pre-owned bag in great condition from what I can't see but I'm kinda scared to spend that much money on Ebay...

Ooo, not so good, with the Canadian dollar in the tank.

Check out http://www.vestiairecollective.com - great shopping web site with solid recommendations, and I've shopped there as well.

As far as eBay - you'll find some good deals; make sure the seller has high positive feedback and if you look at any of the designer bags that have sub-forums here, make sure to get it authenticated before you purchase.

You're in Montreal? There are a lot of Canadian consignment sites you should check out. It's worth your while as you will save on import taxes and duties.

Lovethatbag.ca is based in Montreal and you can check out the bags in person before buying.

I believe OwnTheCouture.com also operates out of Montreal.

I recently bought from ForeverRedSoles.com in Edmonton and it was a pleasant experience.

There's also Haute Classics, FashionablyYours, Modaselle and ConStylement, to name a few.

Just make sure that you have the bags authenticated here before buying as even consignment shops can make mistakes with the super fakes out there.

Last edited:
You're in Montreal? There are a lot of Canadian consignment sites you should check out. It's worth your while as you will save on import taxes and duties.

Lovethatbag.ca is based in Montreal and you can check out the bags in person before buying.

I believe OwnTheCouture.com also operates out of Montreal.

I recently bought from ForeverRedSoles.com in Edmonton and it was a pleasant experience.

There's also Haute Classics, FashionablyYours, Modaselle and ConStylement, to name a few.

Just make sure that you have the bags authenticated here before buying as even consignment shops can make mistakes with the super fakes out there.
Thanks for this, all good info, I'm drooling here after checking these sites out!:biggrin:

Hello there! I'm looking for a new work tote. I've always have my eye on the retired Damier Parioli, but I just recently noticed the Westminster GM. Does anyone here have both of these bags? I would like to hear what your thoughts are on which bag is more chic but practical. Thanks :smile: