Does celebrity status affect the value?

Sm00chie

Casual Collector
Apr 3, 2015
Today I was gifted a purple vernis Sunset Boulevard (missing the strap) which was purchased from Khloe Kardashian's ebay charity last July. It still has the purchase receipt (about $475) and a copy of the thank you letter Khloe included with all her sales that month.

I can't use this wallet with any of my bags because it's too big and the wrong color so I plan on listing it to ebay. Would mentioning this is a Khloe handmedown effect the value, either positive or negative? She still lost the strap, so it's going to be a hard sell.

I have my eye on last year's Mini Sac Lucie and I'm hoping this wallet will get me at least half way there to purchasing one pre-owned.

Thank you for any advice!

I know there is a huge following for the the Kardashians (which is so funny) so I'm sure it would have some effect on the sale price. I would definitely mention it and include all the proof.

Today I was gifted a purple vernis Sunset Boulevard (missing the strap) which was purchased from Khloe Kardashian's ebay charity last July. It still has the purchase receipt (about $475) and a copy of the thank you letter Khloe included with all her sales that month.

I can't use this wallet with any of my bags because it's too big and the wrong color so I plan on listing it to ebay. Would mentioning this is a Khloe handmedown effect the value, either positive or negative? She still lost the strap, so it's going to be a hard sell.

I have my eye on last year's Mini Sac Lucie and I'm hoping this wallet will get me at least half way there to purchasing one pre-owned.

Thank you for any advice!

I am sure some people out there think this is impressive and would like a piece of Khloe Kardashian's memorabilia... So mention it and include the letter.

To be honest I wouldn't know Khloe Kardashian if she was standing in front of me! 😄

My BFF is obsessed with watching their show, i can't even sit in for 5 mins of that crap. back to topic....personally, a celebrity would not influence me to pay more for a purse or pay big bucks for a memorabilia.

Last edited:
Definitely include all the info! With antiques, it's called provenance, and if you can prove where something came from and it involves someone famous, it will usually increase the price. People loooooove celebrities. Good luck!!!

Either way, it's honestly where you got the item from. So you're just including all the details. I personally wouldn't expect a huge profit, I'd just hope to break even. It's an older item, missing the strap, so that impacts the demand too.

I think it will only increase the price. Some people will want to buy it simply because it belonged to Khloe. Some people might get a kick out of the fact. If I was looking for a sunset Boulevard bag (and it had the strap) I might be drawn to it just for the kitchiness of it. I don't think anyone is going to NOT buy it because it belonged to a Kardashian. You should add in the description that they should tweet Khloe in case she ever finds the strap maybe she will send it to them. :P