Chanel vintage jacket - yay or nay?

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
Hello, I'm travelling in France at the moment and have come across a beautiful white Chanel jacket that fits perfectly on me in a vintage store. It is selling for 1000€.

Is this a good price? Would you pay that much for a Chanel vintage jacket?

This is my first time into Chanel clothing so haven't got a clue, other than that it looks gorgeous and fits me like a glove [emoji56]

Please let me know your thoughts, need to make decision by the morning as I'm flying out to Italy in the afternoon.

If it's in good condition and fits perfectly, I think it's worth it. The current not-so-detailed ones are at least $4000, and the price just goes up depending on details, buttons etc. It'll be a great souvenir to remember your trip by. Anytime someone compliments you, you'll be able to say, "Well, I found it in France at this adorable vintage store......"

if it's in good condition and fits perfectly, i think it's worth it. The current not-so-detailed ones are at least $4000, and the price just goes up depending on details, buttons etc. It'll be a great souvenir to remember your trip by. Anytime someone compliments you, you'll be able to say, "well, i found it in france at this adorable vintage store......"

+1

If it's in good condition and fits perfectly, I think it's worth it. The current not-so-detailed ones are at least $4000, and the price just goes up depending on details, buttons etc. It'll be a great souvenir to remember your trip by. Anytime someone compliments you, you'll be able to say, "Well, I found it in France at this adorable vintage store......"

Thanks for your insight! The jacket was quite detailed, it had individual beads sewn on the edge of the jacket and sleeves (not pearls but odd shaped beads). When the Owner took it out to show me, I thought it would be even more expensive than the first Chanel jacket I tried on (1800€, but was too big for me) purely because of the craftsmanship of the beading alone!
I will go back today to re-examine :smile:

I went back with a straight mind and decided against buying it in the end. The pocket seams were really uneven (even my hubby could see it!) and the buttons on the cuff did not match the rest of the jacket (I don't know what that means in terms of authenticity but I wanted all the buttons to be the same)
Oh well. Save the money for something else :smile:

I went back with a straight mind and decided against buying it in the end. The pocket seams were really uneven (even my hubby could see it!) and the buttons on the cuff did not match the rest of the jacket (I don't know what that means in terms of authenticity but I wanted all the buttons to be the same)
Oh well. Save the money for something else :smile:
Ah i bet that would have drove you nuts if you gave in and bought it! good call.