I restored a Vintage Coach bag (with pics)

Ellapretty

O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I've been wanting a Vintage Coach Willis FOREVER...and finally, thanks to the helpful threads on this forum - I went ahead and purchased one on eBay. I got it verified here, then washed it (after reading REHAB threads). I'm officially obsessed. My bag was made in 2000, and I love the leather and workmanship :heart:

Here's how it turned out:

BEFORE

Fotor_145766685853243_zpsaamwltwu.jpg

AFTER:

Fotor_14582468804968_zpsu2q0ov0c.jpg

WEARING IT:

20160320-314817153_zpsdzldeoqf.jpg

Good job looks great!!

Thank you - I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Beautiful! My favorite Coach vintage color by far!

Mine too - it's SO classic...although I'm a little bit in love with the black version of this bag!

Wow , I got a similar leather one , and was thinking I need to go to rehab threads. , may I ask how you did this wonderful work

I documented the process on my blog (which is in my sig)...I also linked to the TPF threads that helped me in my post. I would definitely recommend re-habbing - it takes a bag from "lovely" to "perfect" :smile:

Wow! Does not look 16 years old! Funny to think 2000 is now vintage, lol. Gorgeous! To me, this is what investing in a nice bag is. You can fix it up over a decade later and still looks good!

Great job!

Thank you - it was so worth the effort!

Looks great and great on you. Good job[emoji122][emoji122][emoji259]

Thanks - don't know how I managed so long without this bag - it's perfect ;)

Wow! Does not look 16 years old! Funny to think 2000 is now vintage, lol. Gorgeous! To me, this is what investing in a nice bag is. You can fix it up over a decade later and still looks good!

Yes...the 16 years old being considered Vintage is scary to me LOL...I remember visiting a Coach store with a University friend in 2000 - and thinking it would be a nice classic bag to own someday...guess someday is now LOL!

Looks great!

Thank you!

Isn't the old leather just so thick and rich? Sigh. :smile:
That's one of their best colors too. Looks great! :smile:

I could NOT have restored this bag without your detailed TPF post on your 2 bags.

Stunning! Pure bliss!!

Thank you :heart:

I could NOT have restored this bag without your detailed TPF post on your 2 bags.

Oh wow, thanks! I remember that old thread. I still have those "basic bags" and still use them. The older Coach leather really is bullet-proof. And there's plenty of them walking around out there. Only a few months ago, at daughter's orthodontist, I saw a woman carrying a black "basic bag" exactly like the one I had rehabbed. They really *don't* go out of style.

(If only I looked as good as you do actually carrying one. ;) )

Last edited: