Engagement Ring Re-Set

k*d

O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
On our last wedding anniversary, my husband and went to Japan and met one of my favorite designers to create a new setting for my engagement diamond. It's a crisscut cushion weighing 1.03 carats, F color, VVS1.

First, here's the old setting. It was made by SF's Trabert Jewelers, and I had such a terrible experience with them that I'm glad to be rid of this. They ordered the setting through Beverly K who in turn farmed the work out to craftsmen in Thailand. The ring got bent out of shape once when I picked up a suitcase while wearing it. It was platinum. (Photo courtesy of a friend)
original.jpg

This new setting was made by Kataoka Jewelry, and the designer was a pleasure to work with. He prides himself on making each piece by hand, and he was able to reuse some diamonds from my old setting. This is also platinum. (Photo courtesy of Kataoka Jewelry)
K1.jpeg
K2.jpg

Thanks for reading until the end! :smile:

Beautiful re-set! I think your new setting is incredibly gorgeous and unique. It really makes the criss cut facets stand out. I would love to see a picture of your new ring on your finger. How do the stones on the side of the feel when you are wearing it? I've seen other Kataoka designs and they are so unique and elegant.

Beautiful re-set! I think your new setting is incredibly gorgeous and unique. It really makes the criss cut facets stand out. I would love to see a picture of your new ring on your finger. How do the stones on the side of the feel when you are wearing it? I've seen other Kataoka designs and they are so unique and elegant.

Thanks lenie! I just got it today so I'll report back on the comfort. I have three of his other rings, one with larger stones on the side, and those don't bother me at all.

Here are some more pics:
K3.jpeg
K4.jpeg

Gorgeous and unique! It's clear these jewelers take great care and pride in their craft. Third times the charm!!!

Definitely! :graucho: