Personalization - does the paint last?

alizhan

Aug 15, 2015
hey guys,

Happy New Year!

I am contemplating to personalize some of my Goyard items but after hearing that the paints may peel off and seeing some rather frightful pictures of partially peeled off personalization on the beautiful goyard chevron pattern, I am having second thought.

1. For those who did personalize yr goyard items, does the paint last?

2. If no, how long did you start to see the paint peeling off? Do you "repaint" it?

Thanks to share your experience!

hey guys,

Happy New Year!

I am contemplating to personalize some of my Goyard items but after hearing that the paints may peel off and seeing some rather frightful pictures of partially peeled off personalization on the beautiful goyard chevron pattern, I am having second thought.

1. For those who did personalize yr goyard items, does the paint last?

2. If no, how long did you start to see the paint peeling off? Do you "repaint" it?

Thanks to share your experience!
I personalized several of my pieces. No issues so far and the oldest is going on three years. I did skip personalizing my boeings as I was advised the stripes were likely to crack at some point. They suggested initials on the boeings. I have stripes, circles and initials on my St. Louis.

I personalized several of my pieces. No issues so far and the oldest is going on three years. I did skip personalizing my boeings as I was advised the stripes were likely to crack at some point. They suggested initials on the boeings. I have stripes, circles and initials on my St. Louis.

Thanks for the advice. I just sent my grand bleu for personalization......looking forward to seeing how it will turn out!:smile:

Amazing, gorgeous combination for the black canvas! :biggrin:

Wow Needs courage to make decision like this. Very unique and bold the same time. Nice!

Thanks!

I am very satisfied with the result. I always find my black black grand bleu a little bit dull but definitely not now! Lol

Took me quite a while to decide whether to go for personalisation, whether to go for stripe and/or initials and/or logos. Took me a few trips down to boutique to decide the pattern.

With the help of the kind and patient SA, I chose this design because the pattern is on flat surface and the area where the paint is done subject to less folding \ less contact with other surfaces including touches.

The result is worth the effort!

Unfortunately mine has peeled off quite a bit and I'm not sure what happened with the dirt. One day I looked at my bag and all the dirt was there [emoji20] maybe a darker color stripe might hold off better. Hope the Picts help! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454282462.466083.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1454282470.404739.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1454282514.096989.jpg

I guess it depends on the style and use of item being personalised. I have a diary (flat item), personalised about 4-5 years ago and it does not (yet) show any wear in terms of peeling, damage, lifting etc - I am not sure I would be brave enough to have a bag that can change shape as used (one moment packed with items, the next empty) personalised as I believe it would be more susceptible to peeling.

Thanks for sharing the photos....what model is the bag may I ask?

I am now quite concerned with how long the paint can last. And I hate to baby a bag. :sweatdrop:

No problem! This is the St Louis tote in the PM size. Other than the paint though, the whole bag including the straps, corners, etc. have been holding up extremely extremely well (I've had it since mid 2014).