1941 Skinny Tote reveal

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Haven't seen a reveal on this one so here goes. This is my 3rd 1941 bag - previously purchased the Chalk Rogue and the Tea Rose Saddle bags. This one isn't breathtakingly beautiful but it has an understated elegance and the leather is insane. I'm a huge fan of the smooth leather - think of this tote as the Nomad on steroids.

It is a heavy bag, I weighed it last night and it was 2.5 pounds. The Rogue was 3 pounds and the Nomad was 1 pound!!

tote2.jpg

tote4.jpg

tote5.jpg

tote6.jpg

tote7.jpg

tote8.jpg

tote9.jpg

Reactions: donutsprinkles
Haven't seen a reveal on this one so here goes. This is my 3rd 1941 bag - previously purchased the Chalk Rogue and the Tea Rose Saddle bags. This one isn't breathtakingly beautiful but it has an understated elegance and the leather is insane. I'm a huge fan of the smooth leather - think of this tote as the Nomad on steroids.

It is a heavy bag, I weighed it last night and it was 2.5 pounds. The Rogue was 3 pounds and the Nomad was 1 pound!!

View attachment 3303267

View attachment 3303268

View attachment 3303269

View attachment 3303270

View attachment 3303271

View attachment 3303272

View attachment 3303273
Beautiful! Thank you for the reveal, I was thinking of buying one but wasn't sure as I could not find pictures to see what the inside looked like--now I can order one!

Wow! If the pics don't do it justice, that's a bit scary. It's just stunning and it looks absolutely fantastic on you. I love the inside of it too. Congratulations on everything. What a beautiful bag!

Wow! If the pics don't do it justice, that's a bit scary. It's just stunning and it looks absolutely fantastic on you. I love the inside of it too. Congratulations on everything. What a beautiful bag!

LOL, thanks for saying that. I guess I should give some context. My friends know me as th "Queen of Bling" - in the past I was all about metallics, flashier bags, statement bags that had a lot of embellishments and glam. Understated elegance wasn't what drew me in. But alas I am getting older and I guess my tastes are changing and I am seeing the beauty in understated elegance now. I guess I just don't see this bag as something someone would stop and say "Wow, where did you get that stunning bag?" Does that make sense? I am in love with the amazing leather and workmanship which is why I love it, and not ever bag has to blind you with bling. :P

LOL, thanks for saying that. I guess I should give some context. My friends know me as th "Queen of Bling" - in the past I was all about metallics, flashier bags, statement bags that had a lot of embellishments and glam. Understated elegance wasn't what drew me in. But alas I am getting older and I guess my tastes are changing and I am seeing the beauty in understated elegance now. I guess I just don't see this bag as something someone would stop and say "Wow, where did you get that stunning bag?" Does that make sense? I am in love with the amazing leather and workmanship which is why I love it, and not ever bag has to blind you with bling. :P
I completely understand. I am all about my Stud P (Preston) and Metallic Kelsey which I am wearing today so I love the flash too. And the only black bag I have is the Sadie in Chenille.

But I'm also a classic vintage girl and that bag has it all over. I can not tell you how impressive that body shot is with it on your shoulder. That bag is absolutely stunning. Total class and it is completely modern. Nothing only a woman of a certain age would wear. It's a simple, chic classic bag with understated elegance. I'm too little to wear totes but if I could pull it off, this would be my first purchase. It's gorgeous! Enjoy!

I love this! It will never go out of style. Is the color black?

I have that blue orb charm too, one of my favorites!

Hi Jane - how is that ostrich Rogue working out for ya? :biggrin:

The tote is called "Smoke", it's a steel blue/grey with light blue stitching. Great color!! I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it was black.

Lovely! I love a North/South profile. So many of these "HEYLOOKATMEBEINGANAWESOMEBAG" bags are just so boring to me. If I saw you wearing this bag I would think, "Now that's understated...looks super high quality...I wonder what that is...that lady has some CLASS." Nice choice. That leather looks gorgeous. To me, it's all about the leather. I don't need or want a name or iconic "design" feature announcing my bag to the world. I just want high quality and to feel the beautiful leather.

Thanks for sharing!