India Zip anyone?

Laurie8504

chocolate...where?
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
Does anyone have experience with the India Zip satchel? I just ordered it in almond. I won't be able to get my hands on it for another month though, as I'm deployed and RM doesn't ship to APOs. I'm super excited thinking about it waiting for me when I get home though! I would love to see pics if anyone else owns this bag, seems like it's not too common.

ETA: Looks like it's sold out on RM (they just have the crossbody in stock). The satchel is much more structured than the crossbody, and I love that it's described as "the perfect career bag", because that's exactly what I intend on using it for!
Here's a picture of the bag from lyst for reference, though it's out of stock there as well. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455868481.055651.jpg

Last edited:
It's a beautiful bag, congrats! I remember there was a topic someone made where she was asking a similar question about the India drawstring satchel version, here: India deawstring satchel. Unfortunately, no one posted a picture of their bag and it seems no one else is talking about these bags anymore. Once you do get a chance to see the bag in person, I hope you will post pictures soon!

It's a beautiful bag, congrats! I remember there was a topic someone made where she was asking a similar question about the India drawstring satchel version, here: India deawstring satchel. Unfortunately, no one posted a picture of their bag and it seems no one else is talking about these bags anymore. Once you do get a chance to see the bag in person, I hope you will post pictures soon!

Thank you! I'm so excited to see it in person. The drawstring was less structured than I was looking for, hoping the satchel fits the bill. I hadn't seen it until I was randomly browsing RM (dangerous!) and am surprised it's not mentioned much, it looks lovely. I will definitely post pics once I get my hands on it. [emoji4]

Thank you! I'm so excited to see it in person. The drawstring was less structured than I was looking for, hoping the satchel fits the bill. I hadn't seen it until I was randomly browsing RM (dangerous!) and am surprised it's not mentioned much, it looks lovely. I will definitely post pics once I get my hands on it. [emoji4]

Did you get your bag yet? Do you like it? I just ordered the India satchel in black (wanted the almond but was out of stock by the time I got around to ordering).

[Q!UOTE=halobear;29940493]Did you get your bag yet? Do you like it? I just ordered the India satchel in black (wanted the almond but was out of stock by the time I got around to ordering).[/QUOTE]

Hey! I won't be home for another two weeks.
:-/ I'll definitely post when I get it though.
Let me know how you like the black one, I'd love to see pics! I probably would have gone black, but I have a medium sized Kate spade that fills that wardrobe void.

[Q!UOTE=halobear;29940493]Did you get your bag yet? Do you like it? I just ordered the India satchel in black (wanted the almond but was out of stock by the time I got around to ordering).

Hey! I won't be home for another two weeks.
:-/ I'll definitely post when I get it though.
Let me know how you like the black one, I'd love to see pics! I probably would have gone black, but I have a medium sized Kate spade that fills that wardrobe void.[/QUOTE]

I returned the black one. The leather looked kind of cheap. And I think the almond color looks better for this style. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.

Finally have pictures to post!
I've been using the bag for about a week now and really love it. I wouldn't describe it as "roomy" due to the structure, but it fits everything I need and then some. The leather is great! When empty, the bag will slouch/pool, but it stands up on its own when full or partly full.

There is a vertical zip compartment on on outside face (which I use for my phone), one inside zip, and several small inner compartments.

Overall, really happy with my purchase! It's professional enough for work, but not stuffy, and the tassels add a little edge.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485237.258537.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485164.598269.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485191.664001.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1460485211.999947.jpg

I've been using the bag for about a week now and really love it. I wouldn't describe it as "roomy" due to the structure, but it fits everything I need and then some. The leather is great! When empty, the bag will slouch/pool, but it stands up on its own when full or partly full.

There is a vertical zip compartment on on outside face (which I use for my phone), one inside zip, and several small inner compartments.

Overall, really happy with my purchase! It's professional enough for work, but not stuffy, and the tassels add a little edge.

View attachment 3327320
View attachment 3327315View attachment 3327317View attachment 3327318

I love the look of it and the leather looks lovely! I also love this type of brown. Congrats!!

View attachment 3327320
View attachment 3327315View attachment 3327317View attachment 3327318

Yay! Glad to hear you are enjoying the bag. This color definitely looks nicer than the black one.