LV Key Cles hardware all shiny, or no?

BB8

Jan 22, 2016
I just purchased my first Cles in Damier Ebene, but noticed once I got home that while the hardware for the keychain and chain itself are shiny, smooth, and gold-toned, the hardware for the zipper pull and zipper head are a rough, matte-gold color in contrast. These last two are so matte, I can't tell if it's the material or a bunch of tiny scratches. Can anyone else who owns the LV key Cles confirm or refute? I messaged the SA, but she never replied. ��

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is normal. I've got a mono Clé and it's the same.
For the 'cheaper' items, like the Clés and the Speedy B, Louis Vuitton doesn't always use the same hardware. The clasps on the strap are shiny while the rivets and zipper is dull!
:-s

Yes, this is normal. I've got a mono Clé and it's the same.
For the 'cheaper' items, like the Clés and the Speedy B, Louis Vuitton doesn't always use the same hardware. The clasps on the strap are shiny while the rivets and zipper is dull!
:-s

Good to know! (Relief) I really didn't want to drive all the way back to the boutique to inquire/exchange. Yesterday at home I compared it to the hardware of my Bloomsbury in which everything is all shiny and matches. Thank you for your confirmation!! 😊

Thanks @babygurlcassie. Mine is the DE as well: so cute, right? Started using mine already!

I LOVE mine. I carry a few credit cards and occasionally some bills and change. It's fits perfectly in smaller purses and in my pocket when I'm running out for a quick errand. I don't know how I lived without it!

Good to know! (Relief) I really didn't want to drive all the way back to the boutique to inquire/exchange. Yesterday at home I compared it to the hardware of my Bloomsbury in which everything is all shiny and matches. Thank you for your confirmation!! [emoji4]

I have both the DE cles and GM Bloomsbury. My Bloomsbury has a shiny zipper, and my cles is matte. :smile:

We are getting a puppy soon for my son, who is turning 5. He wanted to name the puppy after an SW character from the new movie. We considered BB8, but ended up choosing Finn instead. [emoji6] [emoji190]

That's super cute! I think Finn is a more fitting name for a puppy. My friend got a little dog for her kids and named him Chewy, lol 🐶