Duty calculator.. 800 USD no duties & taxes

Apr 15, 2007
Good news for US consumers.

Starting March 10, 2016, imports of merchandise up to USD 800

will be allowed into US free from duties & taxes.

The Tradae Faciliation & Trade Enforcement act of 2015 raises the

de minimes threshold for low value shipments. Section 901

amends the Trade Tariff Act of 1930 to raise the limit on

amount of exemption from USD 200 to USD 800

This from duty calculator.

Last edited:
lol awww why couldn't this be effective sooner. i have a $500 package stuck in custom for almost two weeks now and since its taken so long that mean i will most likely be hit with fees. thank you for sharing.

Thanks, hotshot!!! You've made my day!

Good news for US consumers.

Starting March 10, 2016, imports of merchandise up to USD 800

will be allowed into US free from duties & taxes.

The Tradae Faciliation & Trade Enforcement act of 2015 raises the

de minimes threshold for low value shipments. Section 901

amends the Trade Tariff Act of 1930 to raise the limit on

amount of exemption from USD 200 to USD 800

This from duty calculator.

Thanks Hotshot. Would you know how the duties & taxes are calculated for items above $800? Thanks!

If you're unlucky and customs get you, it's about 9% of the declared value price. I was taxed that percentage for a bag that I imported once. But I think the rate depends on the item. When I had precious metal imported it was around 3-4%.

If you're unlucky and customs get you, it's about 9% of the declared value price. I was taxed that percentage for a bag that I imported once. But I think the rate depends on the item. When I had precious metal imported it was around 3-4%.

Thanks ThisVNchick, I was hopping that duty & taxes would only be applied to the difference between the item price and $800, and not to the full declared value price.

Is there a link to this information? I have been searching both the dutycalculator site as well as CBP website and I can't find any documentation that states if you receive goods from another country (that you have not just immediately returned from), it is free of duties - if below the $800 threshold.