Is this Normal?

I got my Emilie wallet since Christmas, only used for less than 3 months, both side of the corner started to crack? Should I bring it back? Or this is s normal wearing???View attachment 3298367View attachment 3298368

I think it's from all the pressure of opening/closing. You should bring it back to LV, they should be able to reglaze it for you (for free) as it hasn't been a year since you purchased it.

Seriously the glazing now days doesn't last at all .. I have a wallet from 2010 and it's still perfect I use it every day no glazing issues at all !

Last edited:
Oh...! [emoji20] I really like the color and the layout. Do you think LV will give me back the store credit or exchange for another style?
I would definitely get something else. Maybe a zip around design? To make things easier, I would have in mind what you want, just in case they don't want to give you store credit. In most cases the SA who sold you the item will be the most helpful.

I would return that as it's only going to get worse. If you want to find a design that's less prone to cracking then go with a zip around like the Clemence or the Zippy...unfortunately the newer bi and tri-folds are having a notorious time with glazing and cracking for whatever reason. The less flex points on a wallet the better (usually) it will hold up against wear and tear.

All the enveloppe style wallets tend to do that. Even if you get it reglazed, it will definitely look like that again in a few months. You can bring it to the store, but honestly, I would use the wallet and get it reglazed in a couple of years. It won't tear up the canvas with leather backing.

All the enveloppe style wallets tend to do that. Even if you get it reglazed, it will definitely look like that again in a few months. You can bring it to the store, but honestly, I would use the wallet and get it reglazed in a couple of years. It won't tear up the canvas with leather backing.
Unfortunately it can. It started like that on my Josephine then the repair centre found that both the leather and the canvas were beginning to crack.

Hmmmi understand how it can happen, I just looked at my wallet and there is a little crack on side but it's not as bad as what you have pictured. Maybe be a little more gentle when opening that big back pocket