Classic monogram Gucci Pochette - how to use?

katlina

Jan 25, 2016
Hi you all,

I own a classic Gucci Pochette with beige canvas monogram and the signature red and green leather handle, like this one (see pic below)

I bought it many years ago as a teenager as my first luxury item ever. Funny enough, I remember not getting any dustbag with it, it was on sale in a london boutique so maybe that was due to the sale.. anyway, I have it sitting at home and am wondering how to use it. I only wore it 5 times maybe and then the short strap starting bothering me. Does Gucci sell individual straps that one could use to make this bag longer?

I already considered using it as a make up bag... I cannot sell it, its too much of a memory, but now that the classic monogram gucci bags are, apparently, coming back in style, i wondered what to do with it.

Does anyone own this little bag?
Any advise on what to do with it?

fashionphile.com/includes/images/CW13545/cw13545a.jpg

Definitely fashionable again, especially since mini bags are also 'in'.

Gucci do sell separate straps but they're more for travel size bags. I also can't see where you could attach it too without taking the original handle off and I wouldn't do that.

You can carry it in the hand as it, perhaps add something pretty now and again like a small charm or ribbon.

Or thread a thin scarf or ribbon through the attachments, knot/bow the top and wear it on the shoulder. Many do this with old H Kelly bags that don't have shoulder straps.

Here with an H Kelly and a Kelly Cut so you get the idea:

Attachments

• 50690e892afa91ebb0a2876ff493b2f1.jpg
    50690e892afa91ebb0a2876ff493b2f1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 70210eb69b35e2901fc7fb43d2c102ea.jpg
    70210eb69b35e2901fc7fb43d2c102ea.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 255
If you have a detachable strap from another nag, use that. Or you could buy a thin shoulder strap from eBay, Leather or chain. There are many members who have posted about this in several subforums.

If you have a detachable strap from another nag, use that. Or you could buy a thin shoulder strap from eBay, Leather or chain. There are many members who have posted about this in several subforums.

thanks for your advise! Would you have a link for me by any chance?

So you think I shouldnt get rid of it?