Snap vs zipper wallet?

I have both Sarah with snap, and Zippy organizer wallet - I prefer the zip, it's smooth as butter and the wallet is thinner, and I do feel a bit more secure with it. I also don't have a lot of luck with snaps; over time they seem to loosen and difficult to fix, but my 6-month old Sarah hasn't loosened yet. Just a matter of personal choice.

My Emilies have snap closures and my Clemence has a zipper; both are secure, both open and close easily although the zipper takes an extra second, and the hardware has a perfect fit (the snap is easy to open and close yet remains secure and the zipper glides smoothly with a purr). I think it's ultimately a matter of personal preference and which type of wallet style suits you the best.

I prefer the snap closure (but not a trifold). I used my multicolour wallet (I believe it was the predecessor to the Sarah...international or intercontinental...I can't remember lol) for about 7 years daily and the snap was as strong as ever, and I never had an issue with security.

I have had a ZCW since February 2015 and I've found that I don't like the zip around that much.

I think I prefer the snap because, for me, it's more convenient and more flexible. Sometimes things get caught in the zipper if I've not been super careful putting a receipt in - I find it more finicky.

I'll be purchasing the Emilie wallet next I think - looking forward to being back with a snap closure!

Last edited:
i love both equal, Sarah was my first love and now the Zippy have grown on me a lot. its more slim, keep me more organize and holds a lot more. Sarah with the snap is easier to access your things.

I prefer the snap wallet. Last year, I decided to try the zcp. I love it but I feel like the snap is so much easier and less fuss. When I'm at a store, I'm always on the go. I've had cards get caught on the zipper portion while getting it in and out... annoying.

As much as I love my zcp, I tend to use my snap wallets more. As for security, both are equal to me. I've never had issues.