Empreinte speedy 25 "melted glazing" has definitely been fixed!

Feb 3, 2013
So you may have read the story of my Empreinte strap to my speedy and my return of said strap thread about 1.5 weeks ago. I'm happy to report that my new strap came and it is clear that LV reformulated their glazing. I couldn't get a clear pic to show you but the new glazing is more matte and a little more flat (not such a rounded look to it). So if you're buying a speedy and it's recently produced, rest assured that they really did fix the problem. I will link my "story time" style video below if you'd like to hear the story of my strap and also see a quick look at some of my collection [emoji4]
http://youtu.be/jYfaEQNkAFc

Last edited:
So you may have read the story of my Empreinte strap to my speedy and my return of said strap thread about 1.5 weeks ago. I'm happy to report that my new strap came and it is clear that LV reformulated their glazing. I couldn't get a clear pic to show you but the new glazing is more matte and a little more flat (not such a rounded look to it). So if you're buying a speedy and it's recently produced, rest assured that they really did fix the problem. I will link my "story time" style video below if you'd like to hear the story of my strap and also see a quick look at some of my collection [emoji4]

I had all my parts with glazing replaced on my emp speedy a few months back and I think it's different too!

My handle isn't showing any issues, but now I'm paranoid that it will! Did they replace your handles? Were they showing the "melted glazing?"

Yes they replace the handles and clochette, along with the long strap. I followed the advice of a fellow tpfer and stored with the handles standing up. Went to use after a few weeks and the glazing on one handle was stuck to the seam alongside the zipper! The long strap wasn't melting but had dents from his it was rolled up and touching the glazing.

I just purchased this bag in the 30 and when I got home I noticed the strap had marks on it and it was a little sticky. The bag was made in 2013 and been sitting in a warehouse. I texted my SA and she said all straps are like that as they are hand varnished. I totally disagree as my Retiro strap is perfect. Heat must have gotten to it. I guess maybe I'll go back to the store and see if they can replace it.

I just took the strap to my empreinte speedy b 30 in. The order a replacement that arrived yesterday. Only problem is the strap is black and my bag is infini!!

I just took the strap to my empreinte speedy b 30 in. The order a replacement that arrived yesterday. Only problem is the strap is black and my bag is infini!!

I just called my SA and she ordered me a new strap. Hopefully I'll get Infini and not black. Are you going to swap out straps and get an Infini one?