Blocked bidder question?

ccbfan

Apr 2, 2012
Hi! I blocked this one bidder a few months back and also checked the box in buyer requirements that she cannot contact me if she is on my blocked list. I blocked her because she constantly wanted me to lower my price every time I added a new item she was interested in. Also, because I read her feedback she left for sellers and she seems very picky and not very nice. Well, I started listing today and I get a message from her. She wants me to lower the price on one item and take it off eBay and pay through PayPal goods. How was she able to contact me? I even checked my blocked buyer list and she is on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Hi! I blocked this one bidder a few months back and also checked the box in buyer requirements that she cannot contact me if she is on my blocked list. I blocked her because she constantly wanted me to lower my price every time I added a new item she was interested in. Also, because I read her feedback she left for sellers and she seems very picky and not very nice. Well, I started listing today and I get a message from her. She wants me to lower the price on one item and take it off eBay and pay through PayPal goods. How was she able to contact me? I even checked my blocked buyer list and she is on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Are you sure it's the exact name ID? Is there a chance she opened a new but similar ID?

No idea how it happened. Unless this is one of those cases where if they've already contacted you prior to being blocked, they're still able to contact.

Maybe someone else might be able to confirm or deny.

I don't think so. I believe it's only because of previous contact that she was able to contact but if she tries to BIN, I bleieve she'll be blocked.

Can you call ebay to verify?

I once asked this of ebay, although it was quite some time ago.

I was told that if members contact you prior to being blocked then they can continue to do so even after you have blocked them and their messages.

So she will still be able to message you but won't be able to buy from you.

The very best thing you can do is just completely ignore her. Don't read her messages, don't respond. One day she will get bored and go away.