Question for those who had jaw/chin shaving done!

celinexx

Feb 5, 2016
Hello! Quick question for those who've had v-line or jaw/chin contouring with the simpler shaving (long curved cut) technique... can you feel the edges of the cut bone underneath the skin?

As you may know, our natural jaw and chin bones have a rounded, smooth surface to it. I wonder if after jaw/chin contouring, will the cut parts be felt? Or do they have a way to grind it smooth?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello! Quick question for those who've had v-line or jaw/chin contouring with the simpler shaving (long curved cut) technique... can you feel the edges of the cut bone underneath the skin?

As you may know, our natural jaw and chin bones have a rounded, smooth surface to it. I wonder if after jaw/chin contouring, will the cut parts be felt? Or do they have a way to grind it smooth?

Thanks!

I have a couple of friends who got the shaving technique and they seemed having the smooth surface now but not everyone can get them as it's more proper to someone who has pronouncing cheekbones at the side parts only. I also got the consultation about the technique for my surgery but the doctor refused to do it to me since my case is not proper for the technique. hope this helps. :smile: good luck

I have a couple of friends who got the shaving technique and they seemed having the smooth surface now but not everyone can get them as it's more proper to someone who has pronouncing cheekbones at the side parts only. I also got the consultation about the technique for my surgery but the doctor refused to do it to me since my case is not proper for the technique. hope this helps. :smile: good luck

Just to be a little more clear... I'm actually wondering about how it feels when someone touches the jaw or chin of someone who had the bone shaved.

So for those who had jaw shaved and have healed fully... When you take your fingers and touch the parts that were shaved, can you feel that there's something unnatural about the bone? Like, is it rougher, irregular, jagged, etc?

Last edited:
For me, yes you can feel irregular bone shape but that's because I had a bad surgeon. I think in an ideal case the bone will indeed be smooth. Hopefully someone who has had a successful surgery can confirm this. :smile:

I had v line and the bone itself feels smooth. The line is more straight and less bumpy than it was before. I assume they grounded it because there's no jaggedness.
Did you have the v-line done together with zygoma? Or only v-line? If yes with the long curve or t-osteotomy? And also, which doctor performed it? :smile:

It was t-osteomy, but I didnt get zygoma because I didn't need it. It was the other doctor at K-samsung. I don't remember his name lol. But they're are only two doctors and the other doctor is Dr. Park. I was considering the long curve-- I think they can remove more bone that way, but where my nerves were located I don't think I could have got it.

It was t-osteomy, but I didnt get zygoma because I didn't need it. It was the other doctor at K-samsung. I don't remember his name lol. But they're are only two doctors and the other doctor is Dr. Park. I was considering the long curve-- I think they can remove more bone that way, but where my nerves were located I don't think I could have got it.
I went through your posts and saw that you are caucasian. I am caucasian as well :smile: I get heppy when I find caucasian people who had v-line done, they are very few..Do you have kakao? If yes, would you like to send it to me on a pm?

Thanks for your information!

Also, do you notice any sagging or any other side effects? Was your face skinny or had a little bit of fat? Do you have thin or thick skin? Again many questions:P

They did lipsoctoon and skin tightening under my skin because I did have some fat under my chin. I do tend to gain weight in my face and under my chin so that procedure helped me and I've also lost about 10 pounds since then so that also helped to make my jawline more defined. I don't think my skin is thick because I healed pretty well and the doctor never said it was thick.

And yeah, v line really helped me because I had a long and square chin and broad jawline. So even though it was a bit of a risk to go to Korea, I can say I had a really good result and definitely recommend it. Good luck with everything and any questions you have id be happy to help :smile:.

They did lipsoctoon and skin tightening under my skin because I did have some fat under my chin. I do tend to gain weight in my face and under my chin so that procedure helped me and I've also lost about 10 pounds since then so that also helped to make my jawline more defined. I don't think my skin is thick because I healed pretty well and the doctor never said it was thick.

And yeah, v line really helped me because I had a long and square chin and broad jawline. So even though it was a bit of a risk to go to Korea, I can say I had a really good result and definitely recommend it. Good luck with everything and any questions you have id be happy to help :smile:.
What do you mean skin tightening? What exactly is that procedure? Laser, thread lift, incisional lift? Also, did you choose to have the t-osteotomy with titanium or absorvable threads? Samsung offers them both?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I am asking because I want to have t-osteotomy as well..

I hope I didn't tire you, thank you for the help:smile:

Hi, thanks for sharing! Just curious - is k-samsung affiliated with the actual hospital or is there a different clinic with this name? It's not samsung line, right?

It was liposuction under my chin area with acculift, which I believe is a type of laser. I think it was titanium because when I go to the dentist now to get X-rays they always comment on them. I'm 21.