My first VCA piece, should I exchange???

DS2006

O.G.
Sep 27, 2013
I was in a city weekend before last and went jewelry shopping and our last stop was VCA! I saw the 6 motif pink gold sweet bracelet and thought it looked wonderful layered with my platinum DBTY bracelet. Almost all my fine jewelry is platinum and white gold, and I thought the pink gold could act as a neutral color and work with the platinum without having other pink gold pieces as it does kind of blend in with my skin. So I bought it as a trip souvenir and Valentine's gift (my husband always lets me choose my gifts, smart man!).

Once back home, I started thinking about whether that was a wise purchase and whether I should have gotten the vintage size yellow gold bracelet instead, since that would stand out more and be the start of a yg collection that I could add to. I would maybe like to add some onyx pieces eventually, but I prefer all gold for the bracelets due to a higher possibility of damaging the stones in a bracelet as opposed to necklaces and earrings.

I would love to have your advice.

Attachments

• 2016-02-09 12.40.08.jpg
    2016-02-09 12.40.08.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,437
  • 2016-02-09 13.06.18.jpg
    2016-02-09 13.06.18.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,783
I was in a city weekend before last and went jewelry shopping and our last stop was VCA! I saw the 6 motif pink gold sweet bracelet and thought it looked wonderful layered with my platinum DBTY bracelet. Almost all my fine jewelry is platinum and white gold, and I thought the pink gold could act as a neutral color and work with the platinum without having other pink gold pieces as it does kind of blend in with my skin. So I bought it as a trip souvenir and Valentine's gift (my husband always lets me choose my gifts, smart man!).

Once back home, I started thinking about whether that was a wise purchase and whether I should have gotten the vintage size yellow gold bracelet instead, since that would stand out more and be the start of a yg collection that I could add to. I would maybe like to add some onyx pieces eventually, but I prefer all gold for the bracelets due to a higher possibility of damaging the stones in a bracelet as opposed to necklaces and earrings.

So pretty! What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift/souvenir!

I personally can't wear pink gold, but it looks good on you. I like yg much better on myself. However, with your delicate DBTY bracelet, I think the Sweet motifs are a better size. The larger VCA bracelet might overwhelm your other bracelet. Just my two cents' worth! :smile:

I think it is beautiful on you! the sweet size is so pretty and delicate and works very well with your dbty bracelet. I think you should keep it!

The bracelet is very pretty.
Consider if/ how you plan to build your collection. Will you want a bracelet to match other yg VCA pieces in the future? If so, exchange it.
I can't help but feel that you should do this. If you were confident about your decision you wouldn't seek advice here, right?
Should you decide to keep the sweet, you will find that VCA pg is very close to yg anyway.

The bracelet is very pretty.
Consider if/ how you plan to build your collection. Will you want a bracelet to match other yg VCA pieces in the future? If so, exchange it.
I can't help but feel that you should do this. If you were confident about your decision you wouldn't seek advice here, right?
Should you decide to keep the sweet, you will find that VCA pg is very close to yg anyway.

I do feel like I would get a couple of other pieces later, so that is why I am rethinking the master plan! It seems like those I know who have pieces from the collection have also advised me to exchange. If I keep it, I would then likely still end up with the yg vintage bracelet like it. Not sure I need two that are so much alike. That is the part I really have to think about.

Thanks!

I do feel like I would get a couple of other pieces later, so that is why I am rethinking the master plan! It seems like those I know who have pieces from the collection have also advised me to exchange. If I keep it, I would then likely still end up with the yg vintage bracelet like it. Not sure I need two that are so much alike. That is the part I really have to think about.

Thanks!

You are so smart to consider ultimate choices. I would agree that if you plan to get the yg vintage bracelet, this piece doesn't add much. If you think you will buy the yg vintage Alhambra necklace(s) in the future, the bracelet provides a nice way to extend the length.
While you are at VCA I encourage you to look at the perlee bangles as well.

You are so smart to consider ultimate choices. I would agree that if you plan to get the yg vintage bracelet, this piece doesn't add much. If you think you will buy the yg vintage Alhambra necklace(s) in the future, the bracelet provides a nice way to extend the length.
While you are at VCA I encourage you to look at the perlee bangles as well.

Oh my, I love the perlee bangles! Unfortunately, the ones I love the most are the diamond ones! (I obviously have a thing for clovers!) I tried them on in Las Vegas last summer. Ironically, I had on the DBTY bracelet that day, but I wouldn't wear any other bracelets with one of these! I probably would be looking at the all gold perlees if I ever got one, though!

Attachments

• 2015-05-29 15.25.13 2.jpg
    2015-05-29 15.25.13 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,531
Couple of thoughts. The PG sweet is lovely. Perhaps you could add the PG sweet earrings and have a lovely set.

Then you could get the YG Vintage bracelet (or maybe the perlee signature in YG which could work with your PG Sweets too) and start building another set!

If you have second thought then maybe you should go back to VCA and at least try the vintage size in YG and decide from there. I always ask for opinions whenever I have second thoughts (from family and friends) and I quickly realised that the only way for me to be truly satisfied is by relying on my instinct and what sings to my heart. Good luck :smile:

The PG sweets is very nice but the YG Onyx would have more impact and shouldn't be to fragile. Even MOP is fine for daily wear if you pay a little attention to it. You will be looking at this beauty very often anyway:smile:
I agree with what was said before, VCA PG and YG can be mixed nicely so whatever you chose there is no wrong choice.