Anyone wear their double carry on their waist?

Apr 18, 2015
A friend of mine is parting ways with her iridescent purple double carry. How do you wear yours? Leather strap on the shoulder? On the waist? Ever use the double metal chain? Also any update on iridescent goatleather wear and tear? I remember there being a whole discussion about how Chanel was not willing to repair the iridescent goat leather on this bag. Thanks!

Why is your friend parting ways with the Dbl Carry? I was curious about this bag before I bought the Boy in the same leather so I looked at both Dbl Carry sizes. I found it to be an awkward design and not that user friendly. The bag seemed very small for the price-I guess the extra chain must have made it more expensive? Maybe the design will work for you but I didn't care for the extra chain hanging down when worn as a shoulder bag nor was it comfortable around my waist. I felt the Boy or CF were a better investment.

The leather is great-many are reporting back the goat skin seems very durable. I love the color and type of leather.

Leather is awesome so far. I've used it lots since I got it early November. Honestly I wear it in crowds, some not too hard scratch by nails, and nothing shows - leather still perfect. Love it!

I have the boy however, not the double carry. Did not like the way the double carry look/work for my style and find it too busy if that makes sense. that said a small dose of color in this size may work better for some who prefers it and find ways to use the chains, etc.

Why is your friend parting ways with the Dbl Carry? I was curious about this bag before I bought the Boy in the same leather so I looked at both Dbl Carry sizes. I found it to be an awkward design and not that user friendly. The bag seemed very small for the price-I guess the extra chain must have made it more expensive? Maybe the design will work for you but I didn't care for the extra chain hanging down when worn as a shoulder bag nor was it comfortable around my waist. I felt the Boy or CF were a better investment.

The leather is great-many are reporting back the goat skin seems very durable. I love the color and type of leather.

She thought the leather strap would be comfortable but doesn't really like the look of it as much as classic Chanel chain straps. Same as you couldn't wear it on waist and the chains don't go well as shoulder strap. Thanks for your thoughts and I'm glad you're enjoying your Boy!!

I think the Dbl Carry was a 'miss' by Chanel. We all really wanted the 4 hole mini they showed in the photo's that no one could find, that would have been a huge hit. Oh well onto the next.

Leather is awesome so far. I've used it lots since I got it early November. Honestly I wear it in crowds, some not too hard scratch by nails, and nothing shows - leather still perfect. Love it!

I have the boy however, not the double carry. Did not like the way the double carry look/work for my style and find it too busy if that makes sense. that said a small dose of color in this size may work better for some who prefers it and find ways to use the chains, etc.

Thanks for your input! Those are my concerns too! I guess I'm going to have to try it on myself

I think the Dbl Carry was a 'miss' by Chanel. We all really wanted the 4 hole mini they showed in the photo's that no one could find, that would have been a huge hit. Oh well onto the next.

++! I stalked my SA with the photo of purple mini right after photos from show, and it just never happened...!!! oh well!

My waist is too big for that chain. I wear it as a crossbody and i love it. Its super edgy. Its not a bag for everybody, not a classic but it is memorable. Mine i think is a medium. I wish i would have found the smaller size, had no idea there was a smaller version. I use the chains just as adornment on strap.