Small reveal from Woodbury Outlet, NY!

uncertain

Feb 2, 2015
I walked into the store with my heart set on getting a royal-blue croc print Miu Miu wallet but couldn't help be be pulled toward the Prada section! (Mostly because the Miu Miu wallet section was severely lacking. The last time I went, which was a year ago, they had the St. Cocco Lux and the Matelasse wallets in every color but the ones they had on display today were a couple of run-down looking Matelasse wallets in only a handful of colors.)

Lo and behold :graucho:

Cost: $420 w/o tax.
This wallet came in all colors and in different leathers including the LV-like Epi leather. The Epi leather looked better in beige than black (and I really wanted a darker wallet) so I went with the Saffiano :biggrin:

They also had a WOC (made for outlet, $480 w/o tax if I remember correctly) with the wallet being more square in shape but decided on ^^this one.

Funny story: from when I narrowed down my choices between the black Saffiano wallet and black Saffiano WOC and until I stood in line to pay, one other customer had bought the same wallet on display and another was in line after me. So the store sold three of the same wallet in the same leather & color in 40 minutes! It wasn't a busy day or anything as it was raining.

And I just want to check, this is the evasive "Made in" tag?

Attachments

• IMG_3503.JPG
    IMG_3503.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_3502.JPG
    IMG_3502.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 1,302
  • IMG_3504.JPG
    IMG_3504.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    468.6 KB · Views: 779
Congrats! That looks like the made in "tag" to me, so it's Italy, nice! My Prada hamdbag has a small black tag with white lettering as the made in tag. Probably due to space wallets are just printing them, my Gucci wallet has it imprinted.

Just a piece of advice, the outlets wallets are cheaper at the outlet because they are made in China. Just because it's stamped that, doesn't mean anything. The leather isn't the same quality. Also, the ones made in Italy have the stamp inside, but not in gold, just black. I spent the extra 200 dollars and bought mine at Bloomingdales. It was a huge difference. The outlet one smelled like awful chemicals. The one I bought from Bloomingdales smells exactly like my saffiano purse

Last edited:
Congrats! That looks like the made in "tag" to me, so it's Italy, nice! My Prada hamdbag has a small black tag with white lettering as the made in tag. Probably due to space wallets are just printing them, my Gucci wallet has it imprinted.

Great wallet! Congrats!

Thank you :biggrin:

I'm super excited about this wallet cause I've been wanting a plain black one for quite some time. I like the ones on prada.com in the same style, but they're all two-toned.

Just a piece of advice, the outlets wallets are cheaper at the outlet because they are made in China. Just because it's stamped that, doesn't mean anything. The leather isn't the same quality. Also, the ones made in Italy have the stamp inside, but not in gold, just black. I spent the extra 200 dollars and bought mine at Bloomingdales. It was a huge difference. The outlet one smelled like awful chemicals. The one I bought from Bloomingdales smells exactly like my saffiano purse

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/12/14392020-presto-designer-products-made-by-chinese-get-made-in-italy-stamp

Yeah, I've seen the threads on tpf about the quality of both outlet & boutique items. I went with the decision for an outlet wallet simply because of the ≈$300 credit I had from an item I had returned some months previously.

In the other reply in this thread, I mentioned that I've been wanting a blain black wallet. I looked at other brands like LV, Mulberry, and Coach and I chose to go with outlet Prada because that I like the style/color & the credit I needed to use. Not ideal but I still love my choice :smile:

I compared the smell of my wallet and my mom's Prada bag from a boutique, and mine def has the chemical smell but I'm hoping it'll dissipate soon enough lol