Is Zippy Compact Wallet really discontinued?

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
I would like to know if the Zippy Compact Wallet really discontinued? The one that opens flat. I called LV and they can't answer me.

Anyone knows? The Damier Ebene that opens flat is still on the website. It's # N60028,

It appears so. I also saw the old model zcw on LV's website. So I called the 866 number and spoke to a CS to see if they could locate one for me. She was unable to locate any in North America. It is possible that there are some still available in overseas LV boutiques but she was unable to access that information. She told me that they are remodeling the zcw to look like the full size zippy and they have repriced it to $560 USD instead of $760 USD(old model). This was two months ago when I called. Your best chance would be the preloved market. Hope this helps.

It appears so. I also saw the old model zcw on LV's website. So I called the 866 number and spoke to a CS to see if they could locate one for me. She was unable to locate any in North America. It is possible that there are some still available in overseas LV boutiques but she was unable to access that information. She told me that they are remodeling the zcw to look like the full size zippy and they have repriced it to $560 USD instead of $760 USD(old model). This was two months ago when I called. Your best chance would be the preloved market. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I'm looking on the preloved market now :smile:

Yes they are discontinued. My SA told me they would be gone around October 2015. I am sure by now they are all sold out! The Sunglass MM Case and PM Case are also discontinued as of this year.

such a shame about the zcw. i have the old model and highly recommend it. i've had it for years and it still looks new. such a perfect size because it transitions to smaller purses so easily without changing wallets. hope you find a nice preloved one : )

I was desperate to get my hands on one too! I don't know how this wallet slipped under my radar. By the time I got around to it, I was told by CS and SA that the wallet was discontinued and replaced with a new, cheaper version to match the zippy wallet look. I understand why it's cheaper... I looked at it. 9 slots for CC, 1 slip pocket, (they could have easily made 2 slip pockets!), 1 zipper coin section and bills have to be folded. I didn't like that I there wasn't another slip pocket and annoyed that they could have easily put one in to hold more stuff like receipts etc.. so the wallet wouldn't look so messy with paper all over- oh- it won't hold a passport or iPhone 6 Plus either! The wallet is ok and priced right (less material used) as its still compact (slightly smaller than OM) and secure.
I apologize in advance for all those who like the wallet and feel I am bashing the NM- not my intention. I just don't know why they didn't keep the old one also as it's quite popular.
I was lucky enough to find one (less than a year old, with only zipper tarnishing) on eBay (USA) recently from a really great seller, for a great price with a receipt from LV while on vacation in the states. I just had the zipper replaced for free and am sooo happy! I was meant to have this wallet!
Pre loved market is the only place you will find this right now in North America, unfortunately. Good luck with ur hunt for one.
LV needs to update their site and remove this item!

Reactions: mcheng96