So angry at the staff at the New Bond St store in London!

littleburrito

Aug 15, 2015
This happened a few weeks ago, and i thought I was over it but I'm not so sorry for the rant!

I initially bought a totally PM in mono at the Harrods store in London; that went fine and the SA was lovely. When I got home, I noticed that some of the paint on one of the tabs was missing so the next day I went back to Harrods to change it.

Another problem occurred where I noticed that the outside pockets were quite misaligned horizontally....very frustrating.

On the last day of exchange (14 days later), I went to the New Bond Street store instead as it is closer to me than Harrods. I went in and roamed around for a bit before the manager came to ask if I needed any help. I told her I wanted to exchange my bag as I wasn't completely happy with it and told her the pockets were misaligned. She took the bag out of the box and raised her eyebrows as if to say "what a petty problem". She then called another SA over to deal with it, whilst saying "This lady wants to exchange her bag as its misaligned" the SA replied "WHAT'S MISALIGNED?!" and they both raise their eyebrows whilst looking at my bag. Not a good start.

She then brought 2 bags out for me to inspect; granted I took a long time but it had to be perfect this time around. I asked her if one of them was display (it was stuffed and had a security tag on) but she lied and said no. No matter, i knew it was anyway. I then asked whether they had anymore as I wasn't too happy with either one. She gave me a straight up no; she didn't go to check at the back nor check the computer stock. Pretty sure this was lie number 2.

She was getting very frustrated and kept asking me "how is it going?". After a while, she walked off to help other customers!

At one point she got the manager over, who stormed over to me and said "have you decided yet?! Theyre all brand new bags, and when you put things inside they will all look the same (meaning: your initial problem is silly)".

They were both huffing and puffing and walked off again. When I finally decided that I wanted the display one (it was perfect apart from the fact it was display model; I could deal with that over time), I stood there like a lemon waiting for someone to come back to serve me. Finally a lovely SA helped me out! That was the highlight of my terrible ordeal.

I have sent a complaint letter to LV and have now received an email from the store manager asking to speak to me. I don't really want to talk to her to be honest, so I sent a reply saying please email me with any comments.

I mean, I know this was an exchange so no commission for anyone, but I am a customer who buys from your brand; treat me properly please!

:rant::rant: Thanks for reading this far if you have!

Last edited:
Oh I didn't know that. Ok, so they were just rude to me then.

I am glad you were able to pick a bag you were satisfied with. I have been to the New Bond St. store a few times and always got great service. Although it's often very busy so I have had to wait as well. It's a beautiful store by the way!

Sorry, this happened to you. It is frustrating when you go to a store and immediately feel the tension at the get go. Try to forgive and enjoy your new bag. Life is too short to spend energy on people's bad behavior.

I am glad you were able to pick a bag you were satisfied with. I have been to the New Bond St. store a few times and always got great service. Although it's often very busy so I have had to wait as well. It's a beautiful store by the way!
Yes it is a beautiful store! Just a bit sad that I don't want to step foot in there again! I do love my bag though :smile: Thanks for your reply

Sorry, this happened to you. It is frustrating when you go to a store and immediately feel the tension at the get go. Try to forgive and enjoy your new bag. Life is too short to spend energy on people's bad behavior.
Yep, I definitely felt uncomfortable in the store and wished I had just gone back to the Harrods store where I initially purchased it! I am ok now, thanks :smile: just suddenly started thinking about it the other day and got angry again haha! Love my new bag so will definitely be enjoying it for years to come :smile: